home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-20-2022, 05:47 PM   #241
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I Have not stayed in a studio at VGF, but I remember hearing that there is very limited storage space in them. I wonder if this will be corrected as well.
Honestly no idea. I'll have to ask a friend who just stayed in an updated room.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:16 PM   #242
MinnieSueB
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Honestly no idea. I'll have to ask a friend who just stayed in an updated room.
Please ask them if they know how far along they are with the update? Wondering if they finished the original DVC building & now starting with Big Pine Key????
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:48 PM   #243
BugsDad
Grand Villa

We are currently at VGF in an updated room on the 6th floor. There is no construction activity that I can see in the original building. I think it must be totally done.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #244
MinnieSueB
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsDad View Post
We are currently at VGF in an updated room on the 6th floor. There is no construction activity that I can see in the original building. I think it must be totally done.
GREAT! Sounds like they started with original DVC building.
Enjoy your stay!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 10:07 AM   #245
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I didn't know that the refurb had started for VGF (where have I been?)

So I guess that means there are now Murphy beds in the studios and in the one-bedroom portion of the other units?

I thought i had seen a photo of a VGF room with a murphy bed, but then I was not ever able to find it again and thought I had imagined it. Maybe I am not as crazy as I thought I was.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 02-21-2022 at 10:38 AM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 10:37 AM   #246
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsDad View Post
Thanks for the update. I thought they had to be close if not done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Please ask them if they know how far along they are with the update? Wondering if they finished the original DVC building & now starting with Big Pine Key????
They are starting Big Pine March 1st. Got that notice from Disney about our June stay.

Quote:
I didn't know that the refurb had started for VGF (where have I been?)

So I guess that means there are now Murphy beds in the studios and in the one-bedroom portion of the other units?

I thought i had seen a photo of a VGF room with a murphy bed, but then I was not ever able to find it again and thought I had imagined it. Maybe I am not as crazy as I thought I was.
It started sometime in the fall. And yes Murphy beds in the studios and 1 bedroom.

For the studios there are drawers under the bed for storage. 2 drawers (small) on top of the single Murphy. Good sized closet.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:42 PM   #247
jflatto
Grand Villa

When we stayed in VGF in a 2 br over Christmas 2021 week, there was a murphy bed in the living room. We never opened it since we didn't need it, but it was there.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT; Christmas 2021 - VGF and BCV
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:43 PM   #248
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

WDWNT posted an article with pictures and a brief video of the new "studios." https://wdwnt.com/2022/03/preview-on...an-resort-spa/ In addition to the lacking kitchenette, there is only one shower in the new rooms. The original VGF studios have a tub/shower combo and a stand-alone shower.

A two-shower set-up (and ability to separate the "bathrooms") in a studio makes getting ready so much easier. Plus, the second shower has a rain showerhead so it's extra fancy. I think this is a major detriment for these new rooms.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #249
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I just toured the new resort studio a few minutes ago. I liked i as it will work for me when I travel with a friend. There is a chiller and a Keurig in the room and the Guide said if you needed a microwave, you could probably get one from Housekeeping as they usually have plenty. I would rather have just a toaster, and there is space to put one where the Keurig is. As cheap as they are, you could bring one and then pass it along to someone else when you leave.

Yes, there is only one bathroom, but the shower/tub and commode are separated from the double sink area by a sliding door, so one person can take a shower while another is using the vanity area.

Robes and slippers in the closet. Reading lights by the bed.
I did not take any pictures as they were getting ready to close up shop for the day. The Guides still do not know when we would be able to start booking the new resort villas.

Any questions, ask away, but I was only in the room for a few minutes.

I also was able to see my Guide that I had not seen face to face in about 17 years, and that was very, very nice.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:39 PM   #250
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
The Guides still do not know when we would be able to start booking the new resort villas.
Odd they didn't know. We've known that for quite awhile.

VGF owners can already book the new resort studios by calling MS. That started on 3/14. Non-owners owners can book them starting 5/13, and online booking should be available then, too.

June 20 will be opening night.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote