home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #21
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
Guernsey is a walk about day for us. We'd love some tips!
Is everyone ok with hills and stairs?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #22
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Is everyone ok with hills and stairs?
Maybe. We're still conscious of Robin after her car accident.

Ah, memory impairment!The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Boring story time is now over....
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #23
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Already let the welcome wagon know you're coming.
You're there on a Friday from 6am-2pm, correct?

Yes, sir. Excellent!

Quote:
Brian, I hadn't heard what your final Paris plans were. Are you completing the cruise or getting off in Le Havre?

We need to get London a bit more nailed down.

That's because I haven't decided yet, haha. Likely completing cruise but could still be persuaded otherwise.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #24
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Maybe. We're still conscious of Robin after her car accident.

Very good point.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #25
Nickys
Grand Villa

Wow, this is quite an MO cruise, even tho' it's not with DCL!

Did I read right? You're coming to the Edinburgh Tattoo? So I assume docking in Leith for at least one night?

And here's someone from Edinburgh lol! Need any advice on how to spend a day or more, feel free to ask
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #26
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Wow, this is quite an MO cruise, even tho' it's not with DCL!

Did I read right? You're coming to the Edinburgh Tattoo? So I assume docking in Leith for at least one night?

And here's someone from Edinburgh lol! Need any advice on how to spend a day or more, feel free to ask
We have a very long day in Glasgow, and are attending the Tattoo on that day. We also have an Edinburg day, and that's a free day (no tour planned). Edinburg looks like such a gorgeous city, we're thinking we're going to wander around, walk the Royal Mile, and see castles. We'd love some input!

Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #27
Karlie
Studio

We are considering booking a Princess cruise but we are not sure whether it will be suitable for children/teenagers. Looking forward to read more about your cruise.
Enjoy your trip !
Karlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #28
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy773 View Post
I think you'll be very happy with Princess. I've sailed them three times and always had a great time.

Unless you have kids who HAVE to have Disney stuff, DCL is horribly overpriced. We sailed Concierge on the Fantasy in 2014. Since then DCL has gotten ridiculous. On my last two Princess cruises, I've gotten suites for what a low-level verandah would cost on DCL. No way is the "Disney difference" worth that to me. I'm hard pressed to even find a difference that justifies that kind of price gouging.
I've been told we're really like Princess. I hope you're correct. Norway was my hands down favorite cruise. We're branching away from Caribbean cruises at this point and moving to other areas we still want to see. Disney A- doesn't offer enough variety for us and B- is freaking ridiculously priced now. Since we're all adults, we're hoping to love Princess and move on and save money. I'm open to Celebrity also, although I'm thinking soon we'll be planning a river cruise and hopefully some time in Germany/Austria.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #29
administrator
Ms. Personality

Hey, I think we want to do a cruise again some time in 2019; we are open to different places and cruise lines, so we'll have to see if we can get everyone together for another major cruise like this one! (We're thinking GB by land next year.) I can't believe how much I loved cruising! And I kinda fell in love with Disney again, if you can believe that!

When are you guys leaving again? I will have to live vicariously through y'all.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #30
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Default Itinerary...

We sail on Thursday. We have a private transfer taking the 10 of us from our hotel to Southhampton.

Guernsey- a free day to walk around. It's a tender port and a short day- only in port from 0600 to 1400.

Cork- We're walking around the city. Going to the Old English Market. Seeing sites. I've heard Cork is lovely. I've also heard there are some really beautiful fishing villages in the area, so I'm doing some research on that.

Dublin overnight. One day will be the Guinness brewery and a HOHO around Dublin. The second day is a tour of Wicklow through Paddywagon

Belfast- The Giants Causeway! SO excited to see this. I would have booked it with A Game of Thrones tour, but didn't want to subject my traveling friends to it.

Glasgow- We're arriving at 0700 and departing at 0200 the following morning. We have private transfers and tickets to the Military Tattoo.

Invergorden (Loch Ness) - We're doing a private tour of the Scottish Highlands including Loch Ness. I'm figuring we'll have a lot of photos that day.

A sea day- finally! We're going to need it.

Paris Le Havre- I'm not going to Paris. 6 hours round trip by train to take a few pictures does not interest me. I'm considering Hon Fleur if we can work out transport.

They kick us off...as long as that doesn't happen earlier.