home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 02-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
bradybunch
One Bedroom
 
bradybunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 352
Default The best way to see future park hours?

Iím planning an August trip and working on Touring Plans. I had Tuesday August 21st as a MK day. My plan (on Touring Plans) says MK closes at 6pm that day. I moved my plan to Monday August 20th and it says open to 9pm. Anyone any idea if MK does close at 6pm on the 21st and why?

Where is the best place to see accurate park hours? Thanks!
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom
 
cpnkirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
Iím planning an August trip and working on Touring Plans. I had Tuesday August 21st as a MK day. My plan (on Touring Plans) says MK closes at 6pm that day. I moved my plan to Monday August 20th and it says open to 9pm. Anyone any idea if MK does close at 6pm on the 21st and why?

Where is the best place to see accurate park hours? Thanks!
Sometimes they do close early for special events. However, they also tend to change the park hours a few weeks out, so it's hard to nail down park hours this far in advance. I've found touringplans to be pretty accurate for us, so far - just check back later to see if anything has changed.
__________________
Jun 2019 BC/BWV/AKV
Nov 2017 BWV/BRV/AKV
Dec 2016, POR
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
bradybunch
One Bedroom
 
bradybunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
Sometimes they do close early for special events. However, they also tend to change the park hours a few weeks out, so it's hard to nail down park hours this far in advance. I've found touringplans to be pretty accurate for us, so far - just check back later to see if anything has changed.
Thanks!! I wasnít expecting a 6pm close. Thankfully the only reservation we have so far Iíve made for both days so I can switch if I need to.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
GrumpyInPhilly
Studio
 
GrumpyInPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
Default

Probably the first MNSSHP night.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,640
Default

It's a Halloween party. They just updated the times the other day. We're going to go to the first one on the 17th, and that tuesday is the second one.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
bradybunch
One Bedroom
 
bradybunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
It's a Halloween party. They just updated the times the other day. We're going to go to the first one on the 17th, and that tuesday is the second one.
Thanks! I just found that too! I forget they start them so early in the year.
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
pdude81
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
Thanks! I just found that too! I forget they start them so early in the year.
I think they moved up a week or so this year. Last year the first was on the 25th IIRC and we thought it was too early in the year. Now they make it earlier and we say why not. If I'm doing Christmas at Disneyland before Thanksgiving why not do Halloween in the World before Labor Day?
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
bradybunch
One Bedroom
 
bradybunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I think they moved up a week or so this year. Last year the first was on the 25th IIRC and we thought it was too early in the year. Now they make it earlier and we say why not. If I'm doing Christmas at Disneyland before Thanksgiving why not do Halloween in the World before Labor Day?
Why not indeed!
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software