home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
by602
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default DVC Rental Store

Hi All -
I'm a long time member but mostly a lurker! We are looking to head to DW sometime in the Christmas season and I waited a bit too long to try and book. I know the preferred DVC rental co is David's but during checking I had DVC Rental Store do a ton of checking on availability and I would feel bad pulling the business from them now. Has anyone had good/bad/indifferent experiences renting points from them?

Last edited by by602; 02-23-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
Breyean
Two Bedroom

I've been on the other side, renting out my excess points using both David's and DVC Rental Store.

I've had very good experiences with both as the owner renting out points. Both have been very responsive to my questions although they do have different business models. Not sure if that matters to the renter, though.

With the Store, I even had renters back out of a reservation I had booked, but they found me another renter for those dates, so I thought that was a sign they are on the ball. So all I had to do was change the names on the reservation.

I don't think you could go wrong using either of them.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
jds63

Unhappy

We used them last year. Two days before our checked in we received a email stating our reserved villa was cancelled and we were moved from AKV to SSR. And our last night we needed to move to another resort. Disney showed the cancellation 6 days earlier. Short notice on change really messed up our trip. The DVC Store claimed it was Disney's fault and Disney said it was the members fault but could not go into details. Funny thing it was right when Pandora opened.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
We used them last year. Two days before our checked in we received a email stating our reserved villa was cancelled and we were moved from AKV to SSR. And our last night we needed to move to another resort. Disney showed the cancellation 6 days earlier. Short notice on change really messed up our trip. The DVC Store claimed it was Disney's fault and Disney said it was the members fault but could not go into details. Funny thing it was right when Pandora opened.

That sucks. But totally out with the brokers' control. Whatever the issue, DVC Store would not have been able to see the cancellation, they don't have access. They would have only known when the member contacted them.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Member/Disney can cancel anytime you may never know the exact reason. If Broker kept the word and did whatever they can to get you another villa, then they did their part of the business.

It sucks to go thru all these but can not blame a business. Couple hrs back same thing happened with David and he did his part.

Both are good reputable business in my experience.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
Old 02-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
jds63

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Member/Disney can cancel anytime you may never know the exact reason. If Broker kept the word and did whatever they can to get you another villa, then they did their part of the business.

It sucks to go thru all these but can not blame a business. Couple hrs back same thing happened with David and he did his part.

Not blaming the middleman in anyway. Still feel communication was lacking. A phone call would of been more appropiate than just a casual email so close to travel date. Should of noted they did gladly offer to refund total cost of trip, so no risk. Maybe I just should of said I prefer Dave's.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i agree that it is not a good thing to make one person/business do all the checking, work and then book with someone else.

as far as i know, david's forces a booking deposit to preclude such time-waste.

as an owner who rents, i know the score and also try to minimize my time working for the uncommitted looker.

time=money.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
Old 02-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post

Disney can cancel?? As a member who books in the 11 month window, i would be really upset if my resort was changed.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Not blaming the middleman in anyway. Still feel communication was lacking. A phone call would of been more appropiate than just a casual email so close to travel date. Should of noted they did gladly offer to refund total cost of trip, so no risk. Maybe I just should of said I prefer Dave's.
David had the same issue couple yrs back, he came to know very close to trip and offered refund and othe4 resort. Both are good business in my opinion.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
Old 02-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Disney can cancel?? As a member who books in the 11 month window, i would be really upset if my resort was changed.
If Any issue with membership. But my belief is they will let you know before hand. We don’t know the correct story behind all these on resort change.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
Closed Thread