home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #151
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It's been a long while since I posted on here.
Since I was last on my sister, Eva, and I have both had a child, and we recently - finally - bought DVC. We now own at Copper Creek.

Anyway, this was the first thread I opened back on here and it made me chuckle. It's nice to be back on here where even the arguments are friendly!
Congrats! On the babies and the CCV purchase.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:40 PM   #152
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
D

In fairness, Disney has essentially fostered a system that requires careful planning. I'm really sympathetic to guests who have their expectations dashed due to glitches because quite often it's hard to recover, particularly when we're talking about people who aren't as lucky as us to go every year (or sometimes more). For what Disney charges and how for many it's once in a lifetime or very infrequent, I think it is very fair to expect near-perfection from Disney.

Yeah for the audience here, we can often figure something else out, or know the right channels to have things fixed quickly, etc. We're not your average WDW visitors, though. Don't get me wrong, I completely get your point, but to that I'd just caution that we're a different (and small) subset of guests to which that point might fairly apply. And even then, at that point we're really admitting that we're okay paying out the nose and being a little disappointed with the result. That basically puts us in the brand loyalty category of cigarette smokers, Saab owners, and DVC members.
I totally get that. When Disney eats your FP or ADR reservations or you book the only Grand Villa and they give it to somebody else instead, that's all on Disney and shouldn't happen.

It's the "I must have this room, wing, view or my vacation is ruined" mentality. I fall into that trap sometimes, too, especially when I'm with a newbie and want everything to be stellar for them. I forget that if I just let Disney happen, they'll be more likely to see the magic than if I try to angle for the perfect table at the perfect time, etc.

Dirk
Old 11-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #153
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I totally get that. When Disney eats your FP or ADR reservations or you book the only Grand Villa and they give it to somebody else instead, that's all on Disney and shouldn't happen.

It's the "I must have this room, wing, view or my vacation is ruined" mentality. I fall into that trap sometimes, too, especially when I'm with a newbie and want everything to be stellar for them. I forget that if I just let Disney happen, they'll be more likely to see the magic than if I try to angle for the perfect table at the perfect time, etc.

Dirk
Well stated. I think our trips are very relaxed since we go so often, and our attitude is "it's not our last trip, so we will get to do XYZ another time." If we were to take newbies, we'd likely make FP+ plans so they wouldn't be disappointed with not getting on all the rides.

For the family that goes once every 5 years or once in a lifetime, I am sure it could be daunting and disappointing.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #154
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Since I was last on my sister, Eva, and I have both had a child, and we recently - finally - bought DVC. We now own at Copper Creek.

Anyway, this was the first thread I opened back on here and it made me chuckle. It's nice to be back on here where even the arguments are friendly!
welcome home and to "As The WDW Turns"
(that's a playful reference to "As the World Turns" which is a soap opera/daytime drama on this side of the pond).
What do they call them in Scotland?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #155
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Welcome back, and congratulations on all counts!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #156
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:

congrats! and welcome back!

Side note -- a well placed comma would make all the difference in that second sentence!
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:27 AM   #157
Lee
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
congrats! and welcome back!

Side note -- a well placed comma would make all the difference in that second sentence!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #158
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I'm not going to lie -- I had to read you post a couple of times. First time I was like...what state is this person from? Alabama?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #159
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathpack View Post
Do you live aboard a sailboat?
No, but we were seriously considering it until Irma and Maria smashed most of the catamarans in the caribbean. Now we're looking at getting a boat as our weekend getaway place. Really want to get out there and sail

Quote:

Cool, congrats! I have a travel question-how do you get from Glasgow to Orlando? What's your favorite route, and what's your favorite airline to fly from there to here? I may be getting a chance to visit Scotland next fall...
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote