home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #21
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post

Hoping the ME remains in service along with the train. Trains make DH nauseous plus it sounds to me like it would be car/plane/train/bus to get to a resort. If they put the train in place and remove ME then it will be back to car rental for us and the whole 'Did you see the exit?'
I think this is unlikely as it will require an additional bus from DS to get to hotels and, unless they substantially revamp the buses, this will not be a viable mass option. Sure, a few could do it. But if this were a main transportation mechanism to replace ME, it would require a lot of work.

Cheers.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #22
flypwm
Two Bedroom

This isn't replacing DME. I'll say it again - this is a stopoff at DS for people who are taking the train to/from somewhere else.

DS cannot become a hub for everyone going to WDW from MCO. You'd effectively have to rebuild the DME terminal at MCO, at DS, which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to do. And that's before we get into the bottleneck of train frequency - this thing isn't going to run every 10 minutes (if it ever exists at all - I'm a skeptic on any rail project in the US).
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote