home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #41
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
M
This makes no sense.....The song is about optimism and a better tomorrow, something that summed up Walt's outlook in life. And another quote....

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Agree with all that. It's still Carousel of Progress...

(I actually like CoP, but it really isn't one of their stellar rides, or songs...)

Cheers.
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #42
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Agree with all that. It's still Carousel of Progress...

(I actually like CoP, but it really isn't one of their stellar rides, or songs...)

Cheers.
Hey don't knock COP! Every park needs a few "afternoon attractions" where you can just veg out and relax after a busy day. COP is perfect for that. I'm sure we all have a list of such places in each park.

And COP is one of the original four NY Worlds Fair attractions, so its status is secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

though really a dirge might be better fitting.
Actually "The Volga Boatman" is highly appropriate!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #43
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Hey don't knock COP! Every park needs a few "afternoon attractions" where you can just veg out and relax after a busy day. COP is perfect for that. I'm sure we all have a list of such places in each park.

At MK its CoP, TTA and Philharmagic for us.

At EP its Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth
DHS and AK really don't have a "veg out" attractions for us.
Old Today, 08:55 AM   #44
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
At MK its CoP, TTA and Philharmagic for us.

At EP its Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth
DHS and AK really don't have a "veg out" attractions for us.
Maybe "attractions" was misleading. For me most of them are shows. Beauty and the Beast and One Man's Dream at DHS, Finding Nemo at AK. (I usually do Lion King in the morning.)

Old Today, 09:08 AM   #45
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Any more trashing of Carousel of Progress and offensive posters will be required to sit through 54 rotations, one for each year of its existence!

As for IG, good grief. Disney people can be the biggest doom and gloomers ever. It will be fine. You'll still get your precious back entry, quick walk to the French bakery, and lower crowds. Disney does know how to move people! Or sell them merchandise, while they wait . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #46
Vbronars
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

No more doom and gloom!! You are the chipper chearleaders of this Mickey Mouse outfit! Everything will work out in the end, I have faith that Disney researched what changes needed to be made and are implementing said changes.

Remember, with SWGE they are reaching out to non Disney fans and they want to do everything to get them to return. Itís a new market.
Vbronars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #47
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbronars View Post
No more doom and gloom!! You are the chipper chearleaders of this Mickey Mouse outfit! Everything will work out in the end, I have faith that Disney researched what changes needed to be made and are implementing said changes.

Remember, with SWGE they are reaching out to non Disney fans and they want to do everything to get them to return. Itís a new market.
A fair comment. However, Star Wars fans are now Disney fans, like it or not. As the saying goes, "you've been owned" (though perhaps not pwned)

Old Today, 12:38 PM   #48
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
A fair comment. However, Star Wars fans are now Disney fans, like it or not. As the saying goes, "you've been owned" (though perhaps not pwned)
I donít think thatís necessarily true.

Star Wars fans are a separate entity. A lot of people will be coming to WDW or DL for the first time because of Star Wars. They may well not do anything else on property.

Here in the U.K., I often feel like Iím fighting a corner being a Disney fan. A lot of repeat guests with kids in those tween ages of 10-14 will only do 2-3 days at Disney, they all head to Universal and Busch Gradens where they can do ďproper roller coastersĒ. Disney is for wimps or young kids, according to the older kids in the primary school Iím at!

Most families with older kids and young couples may not even bother with Disney at all.

Star Wars just gives them a reason to come back. GotG and Tron may also entice that demographic back to the other parks.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #49
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I donít think thatís necessarily true.

Star Wars fans are a separate entity. A lot of people will be coming to WDW or DL for the first time because of Star Wars. They may well not do anything else on property.

Here in the U.K., I often feel like Iím fighting a corner being a Disney fan. A lot of repeat guests with kids in those tween ages of 10-14 will only do 2-3 days at Disney, they all head to Universal and Busch Gradens where they can do ďproper roller coastersĒ. Disney is for wimps or young kids, according to the older kids in the primary school Iím at!

Most families with older kids and young couples may not even bother with Disney at all.

Star Wars just gives them a reason to come back. GotG and Tron may also entice that demographic back to the other parks.
All good points. I was largely teasing anyway!

Old Today, 01:04 PM   #50
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I'm going to guess, based on the lack of flowery press releases, that Disney doesn't plan on IG being as magical as the main entrance. No WOW! factor for the back door, so to speak.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
3 Nights Only* Thinly Veiled Excuse* Surf and Turf* Once Upon a Fantasy* Galactic Spectacular NYE 17-18* The Fall of Disney 17* Tale of Two Views 17* Back in the S.S.R. 17* Uni Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 16* Spring Surprise 16* NYE in the World 15-16

Coming up...
5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-PVB Western Carib***7/2019 BWV Merica's Birthday ***9/2019 BCV Beer & Wine Festival ***12/2019 VGC*** 3/2020 RCCL Southern Carib

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is online now   Reply With Quote