home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #131
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
1290 miles when we once drove from Iowa. We did it in two days and it wasnt too bad. On the fly, it would be a nightmare. Wed go the first day to the north side of Atlanta, get up super early and blow through there. Problem is, Nashville isnt fun and Chattanooga is almost as bad. The second time we avoided Atlanta and went through Birmingham and dropped stuff off at DDs. Its faster time wise and less miles through AL rather than going through Atlanta.

When we moved, we did two truck trips. Im not sure how we did that in a weeks time, but we did. It was worth it
That's a lot of miles in two days! We haven't driven in a long time but when we did we would do it in two and a half days and get to WDW around noon on the third day. One time I drove home 24 hours straight through! But I was much younger and even then I said never again!
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:35 PM   #132
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
That's a lot of miles in two days! We haven't driven in a long time but when we did we would do it in two and a half days and get to WDW around noon on the third day. One time I drove home 24 hours straight through! But I was much younger and even then I said never again!
DD refers to DH and I as mummies when we travel because we don't stop all that much.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #133
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

I punched up google maps just for fun, it said 23 hours 5 minutes. That's a long time. If I wasn't going to Disney, that might be a fun road trip...break it into four days each way, different route back, wife and I like that stuff. In my late-teens / early-20s two of my guy friends and I would pile in a car with camping stuff and do the "Minnesota - California - Seattle - Minnesota" loop over two weeks, every summer...that was back then, though
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:36 PM   #134
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Well, Im visiting my step mom so there is that. DD now will be part of the way too right down I-75. After all the packing I did for her, she best be letting me stay for a night!

Its the car to get to FL that could be the issue and the cost.

I dont want to even look at the distance from Traverse City, MI to Florida
Holy cow. 1300 by myself. I shouldnt have looked!!
I've spent time in Traverse City! DW was a summer camper at Interlochen music camp when I first met her.

So I know what you mean. Traverse City -- Dayton is already (more than) enough driving!!
Old 06-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #135
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I've spent time in Traverse City! DW was a summer camper at Interlochen music camp when I first met her.

So I know what you mean. Traverse City -- Dayton is already (more than) enough driving!!
Id probably head to the Detroit area. My brother lives there and Id hope for a decent flight from there to MCO. Hopefully, it wont be an issue. Travel is such a mess!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:33 PM   #136
nrspepe
Grand Villa

Flew Southwest RT this week to MCO. Both legs had stops, but no plane change. Everything went smoothly. In both directions, we got off the ground about 20 minutes late due to a wait for flight attendants. But, the time was made up in the air. So, no inconvenience at all.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote