home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-18-2022, 10:03 AM   #61
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

For the December Tuesday PHL-MCO now I'm thinking about Frontier. Not really a fan but they're cheaper than AA and I'm flat out afraid to do Spirit. LOL
Old 06-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #62
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We bought our flights to MCO for November but not our return flights, at least not yet. I saw another article yesterday about the deteriorating situation with Southwest pilots. DW said something to me again about maybe we should just drive.
We were going to fly to pack up DD to move and we had flights booked on points and we canceled and drove. 7.5-8 hours each way and flying would have been 6.5 with drive time to MCO, security and flight time plus drive from airport upon arrival. Not worth the risk.

The pilot situation isn’t good.

It’s not just Southwest either.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #63
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Just realized this morning that the flights I booked on Thursday were for the wrong day!

Got that fixed, and no "wanna get away" rates for the new flights. Oh well! At least we have plenty of points - it didn't actually cost that much more, I'm just glad I realized it so we didn't show up at the airport on the wrong day and have a room and ticket paid for that we missed out on!
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #64
johnb
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
For the December Tuesday PHL-MCO now I'm thinking about Frontier. Not really a fan but they're cheaper than AA and I'm flat out afraid to do Spirit. LOL
We have a lot of Chase reward points, that I can transfer to British Airways then use to book AA. AA has a lot of flights daily from PHL to MCO, and their planes have WiFi. The potential downside is limited availability when using points to book.

Fingers crossed, but overall Frontier has been more good than bad for us. I can tolerate (barely) the uncomfortable and cramped seats for the two hour flight. I download shows and podcasts to compensate for no WiFi. The food options in terminal E at PHL are good enough. I wish they were better at MCO.
Old 06-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #65
reblzmom
Grand Villa

As an FYI - the last time we flew home from MCO on Southwest the terminal that has Frontier in it had lines that snaked all through the shopping area. It was crazy. Our side was smooth sailing. The airport workers kept telling us not to get in line by mistake!
Old 06-18-2022, 07:38 PM   #66
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Set alarm and booked our Nov flights. While deciding one leg went up 30.00! Booked them quick with a voucher, points and cash. Had looked at other airlines
(Jetblue was 700!) so was expecting it to be terrible. It was more than we usually pay but cheaper then many others and free luggage. We went end of May and had no issue with SWA really. We had delays but there were thunderstorms so I knew that would happen.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:40 AM   #67
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
ORD and MDW are not "sister" airports. They are just two airports that serve the Chicago market. And what is WHA+?
"sister"... I think all that was meant is that if you have a flight out of one that is canceled or changed, Southwest will let you book an alternate in the other.

WHA+ is a typo for WGA+, or the new Wanna Get Away fare with no upcharge or fare difference on same-day changes. Don't know if the new option works across the "sister" airports tho like rebookings. Seems like a neat option. Not sure if I'll use it yet, but I've often been at an airport a little early and could do better to transfer to a sooner flight.