home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,239
Default ECV Rentals

We are going next week to Disney. We are taking my MIL for the first time. She's never been on a proper visit to the park (staying on premise, gone to all the parks, hit the TS, etc). She's only been a couple times on single day trips. We are very excited to take her on this trip (normally have gone to my mother's house for a family visit, she has never been with us).

However, she is now 72ish and not as spry as she used to be. At first, she told us she would not need a EVC, but I am thinking there is no chance she is going to make it around the park without one.

Thus, I find myself a week out of Disney with no plans for an EVC. Can anyone give me the low down on how it works? Do we need to go pick it up? Do they sell out? I assume we need to schedule one? I'm clueless on how this works.

I did spend a little time on google and found places that deliver, but looking for the recommendations from the experts!

Thank you! Eric
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Next Visit
June 2019 - BRV
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa
 
AlwaysDreamingDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alexandria Twsp., New Jersey
Posts: 2,728
Default

Canít answer if they sell out. Since youíre not going over Christmas or Easter week Iíd assume itís unlikely though.

Had to rent for my sister and she used Buena Vista. They have a spot right on the boardwalk in case youíd have issues or questions. Iíd definitely call ahead to rent ASAP. I think they offer a DVC discount but if youíre renting for a full week I think that discount is better. They donít stack the savings.

One thing Iíd like to point out: make sure that itís actually charging at night! We made the mistake of plugging it into a socket that was on the wall switch. So it was charging ONLY when the lights were on! . Had a few issues due to that. Save yourself the headache.

Have fun!
__________________
Katie DH DS*20 DS*18 DD*13

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL & OKW

Had owned at VGC & SSR too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
Maddismom
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 265
Default

You can rent one at the park or rent ahead of time and keep for the duration of your visit. We did the latter from Buena Vista and highly recommend them. Delivery and pick-up at front desk of resort and you don't need to be there for them. Scooter was in great shape and we plugged it in each night to charge in the hall outside our room. You can reserve online or by calling them. Good luck!
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,542
Default

Also, be aware that renting one in advance is cheaper, and it allows you to have the ECV 24 hours a day. My first time with an ECV, I was "let's see if I need one, maybe I don't" and ended up renting one for 3 days in the parks. Next time I rented one for the whole week from Walker and paid no more than I had for those 3 days in the parks. Disney scooter rentals aren't cheap!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
teachmusic
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 255
Default

I rent from Best Price Mobility and canít say enough about their customer service. With the few issues Iíve had, they have gone above and beyond to make things right.
teachmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #6
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
Can’t answer if they sell out. Since you’re not going over Christmas or Easter week I’d assume it’s unlikely though.

Had to rent for my sister and she used Buena Vista. They have a spot right on the boardwalk in case you’d have issues or questions. I’d definitely call ahead to rent ASAP. I think they offer a DVC discount but if you’re renting for a full week I think that discount is better. They don’t stack the savings.

One thing I’d like to point out: make sure that it’s actually charging at night! We made the mistake of plugging it into a socket that was on the wall switch. So it was charging ONLY when the lights were on! . Had a few issues due to that. Save yourself the headache.

Have fun!
Thank you! I would never have thought about that. I assume you just drive them into the room. We are at SSR in a studio. Guessing it just fits up in the hall up front? Is there an outlet there?

It is spring break, so I was worried. Rooms disappeared in this next week faster than the others I was watching. Thus, I believe it is going to be busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddismom View Post
You can rent one at the park or rent ahead of time and keep for the duration of your visit. We did the latter from Buena Vista and highly recommend them. Delivery and pick-up at front desk of resort and you don't need to be there for them. Scooter was in great shape and we plugged it in each night to charge in the hall outside our room. You can reserve online or by calling them. Good luck!
We saw this one, good to get a reference! Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Also, be aware that renting one in advance is cheaper, and it allows you to have the ECV 24 hours a day. My first time with an ECV, I was "let's see if I need one, maybe I don't" and ended up renting one for 3 days in the parks. Next time I rented one for the whole week from Walker and paid no more than I had for those 3 days in the parks. Disney scooter rentals aren't cheap!
As soon as I narrow down the list, I will rent one today. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachmusic View Post
I rent from Best Price Mobility and can’t say enough about their customer service. With the few issues I’ve had, they have gone above and beyond to make things right.
Will check them out, thank you for the recommendation!
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Next Visit
June 2019 - BRV
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,399
Default

I recommend renting for the entire time and not doing the in park rentals. They are expensive and a cumbersome ECV and much of the distance one needs to cover is just at the resorts and getting to/from transportation.

There are approved vendors that Disney allows drop off ECV's so you don't have to be there to meet them. Buena Vista is one of these and probably the best to deal with these days as they do also have the onsite location. But you don't need to go there to get the ECV - they will deliver to your resort.

(407)938-0349 or toll free (866)484-4797
www.buenavistascooters.com
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I recommend renting for the entire time and not doing the in park rentals. They are expensive and a cumbersome ECV and much of the distance one needs to cover is just at the resorts and getting to/from transportation.

There are approved vendors that Disney allows drop off ECV's so you don't have to be there to meet them. Buena Vista is one of these and probably the best to deal with these days as they do also have the onsite location. But you don't need to go there to get the ECV - they will deliver to your resort.

(407)938-0349 or toll free (866)484-4797
www.buenavistascooters.com
Thank you Goofygrl!
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Next Visit
June 2019 - BRV
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
We are going next week to Disney. We are taking my MIL for the first time. She's never been on a proper visit to the park (staying on premise, gone to all the parks, hit the TS, etc). She's only been a couple times on single day trips. We are very excited to take her on this trip (normally have gone to my mother's house for a family visit, she has never been with us).

However, she is now 72ish and not as spry as she used to be. At first, she told us she would not need a EVC, but I am thinking there is no chance she is going to make it around the park without one.

Thus, I find myself a week out of Disney with no plans for an EVC. Can anyone give me the low down on how it works? Do we need to go pick it up? Do they sell out? I assume we need to schedule one? I'm clueless on how this works.

I did spend a little time on google and found places that deliver, but looking for the recommendations from the experts!

Thank you! Eric

I use one every trip now. I use best price mobility

https://www.bpmobility.com/

. ( Jen’s recommendation and she is the expert) They are local. They will deliver and pick up at your wdw Resort.
Ask for it to be fully charged. I use a liberty pride 10 three wheeler. Check it out when you get it . Usually the only problem is split seams and foam showing . If there is any thing worse wrong call and tell them.


Have your mother practice a bit at the grocery shop first . I found them easy to use. The bus drivers will help if needed . I find the boats are the worse problem because of the strollers taking up the scooter parking spaces. They leave first often making it hard to get off the boat .

I use a string of Christmas lights on the back and bring a small flash light . It is good to be noticed.

Remember the same key can be used for the same model. So remember where you park.

I park out side of every bathroom and walk in rather than ride in .

Doors on dvc rooms can be adjusted to let her get in and out easier .

“Adjust pneumatic device on entry door “. Another brogan mc Hunt .

Being able to get around with out fatigue or pain makes a huge difference .

Ask any questions you want. We have a bunch of older threads on using a scooter

Sherry
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,586
Default

They sell out during holidays. But there are a lot of venders .
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software