home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #41
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix1912 View Post
We are the same way, I dislike having people sleeping in the living room if it can be avoided.

Side note: That sounds like a really fun Christmas.

Being anti big car personally, is fine, but when you are trying to move 5-7 people around, you can't do that in a mini. So yeah you have to have a bigger SUV or Mini Van. The THV sleep 9 people, they sleep 6 without the living room, that is more than fit in a compact car. Expecting everyone to show up in one tiny car is unreasonable on Disney's part.

They need to address the parking and transportation in the THV's better. Honestly the roads inside are much to narrow for a bus to pass safely, and they need to just have one bus station at the entrance or such and make it part of the SSR buses. They also need to look at the existing roads and parking space, figure out how to relay it out so there is one designated close spot for each villa, and then area's where extra cars can be parked nearby.

The other problem, is the fact that some areas do have extra parking in the villas and some do not. They also need a designated walking path through the area as well.

It is all simple fixes and can be done.
Thank you!! It was a good time and a favorite memory for the family.

Booking a THV is really dependent on what type of vacation you plan to have. The extra space and outdoor space with dedicated grill really made our gathering awesome. You can’t do that in a 2 bed.

It would be funny to see a compact vehicle pull up to THV and a family of 9 clowns get out.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:03 AM   #42
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Thank you!! It was a good time and a favorite memory for the family.

Booking a THV is really dependent on what type of vacation you plan to have. The extra space and outdoor space with dedicated grill really made our gathering awesome. You canít do that in a 2 bed.

It would be funny to see a compact vehicle pull up to THV and a family of 9 clowns get out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
There are good and bad to both. Separate 3rd bedroom for privacy can be nice. For a week we are going in June the cheapest GV is 80 points more than a THV. With the 4 of us, we get separate sleeping areas and beds in privacy. We have points to burn so are doing the GV, but it's better than a 2 bedroom and costs similar to quite a few (only 10 points more). So if having a mixed party, 3 bedrooms could be better than 2
I would take a GV over THV. SSR and OKW GV are more reasonable. Various times throughout the year the Cabins are lower. I would definitely entertain those as well. Not 3 BR, but very nice! Enjoy!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #43
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I would take a GV over THV. SSR and OKW GV are more reasonable. Various times throughout the year the Cabins are lower. I would definitely entertain those as well. Not 3 BR, but very nice! Enjoy!
I was saying we are taking the GV, but 80 pints is nothing to sneeze at. On a normal year, I wouldn't pay the extras tbh. I'm not sure how fast the OKW GVs book either. All the others are way more

No way I'd put more than us 3 in a cabin though. Just because it holds it doesn't mean you should cram full. Never are the cabins lower or close to THV or OKW GV points though.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #44
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I was saying we are taking the GV, but 80 pints is nothing to sneeze at. On a normal year, I wouldn't pay the extras tbh. I'm not sure how fast the OKW GVs book either. All the others are way more

No way I'd put more than us 3 in a cabin though. Just because it holds it doesn't mean you should cram full. Never are the cabins lower or close to THV or OKW GV points though.
I understood. Cabins are pricey, but very nice! They sleep 8 , so could comfortably sleep 5-6 if you skipped the Murphy bed, and 1 person on sleeper sofa. But, to each their own.