home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #11
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
We’ve enjoyed our Gold membership for years now. You get a beautifully put together quarterly magazine. There’s always a members gift every year that usually includes a bunch of pins or some other cool collectors item. Some years they’ve sent out free movie tickets for their next upcoming blockbuster. We’ve never made it to a D23 event because they’re usually during the week out here but there was a members mixer with food and free tickets to the premier of the live action Beauty and the Beast film that was here in Denver. This year we actually have VGF booked for the weekend of the D23 event so we’ll finally get to go. Seems worth it to me. I’d go for it!
What week and where at WDW?
Old 07-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #12
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
What week and where at WDW?
It’s November 19-21 at The Contemporary. Here ya go!

https://d23.com/d23-event/destination-d23-2021/
Old 07-07-2021, 08:14 AM   #13
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Been a member for years and only now heading to my first D23 event @graceland this month-

On the chance that it works out well I have a room booked for November @ the “B” (even if DVC had availability I am out of points once again)

I am really curious about the event in Orlando….
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #14
Diamndrose
Two Bedroom

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Saw that 30% off, that’s pretty significant. Perhaps worth giving it a shot for a year?

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon regardless!
Well, after thinking it over, I figured why not at least try it for a year. I kind of hoping that D23 might have a few more events at WDW considering the 50th celebration. If nothing else, we'll get some collectables, and the quarterly magazines.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamndrose View Post
Well, after thinking it over, I figured why not at least try it for a year. I kind of hoping that D23 might have a few more events at WDW considering the 50th celebration. If nothing else, we'll get some collectables, and the quarterly magazines.

If nothing else this year’s gift is pretty cool. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:50 AM   #16
Raspus
Grand Villa

We also decided to try it out for a year. Hoping for some events at WDW we could attend.
Raspus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #17
noreen99
Two Bedroom

So the event at Graceland was so much fun- now heading for the destination D event at WDW. Let me say this it was as crazy trying to get a ticket for this event as moonlight magic- sold out in under 15 minutes and the rooms were gone just as quick.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #18
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
So the event at Graceland was so much fun- now heading for the destination D event at WDW. Let me say this it was as crazy trying to get a ticket for this event as moonlight magic- sold out in under 15 minutes and the rooms were gone just as quick.

Unfortunately no such luck here despite clicking in at 1:00 p.m. Eastern exactly. Oh well, saves me points... and cash.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 PM   #19
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Unfortunately no such luck here despite clicking in at 1:00 p.m. Eastern exactly. Oh well, saves me points... and cash.
Only got one ticket…so far it’s cost me a small fortune. No DVC available, even called MS for cash rates. No convention/meeting discounts for all 3 nights in same hotel, paying rack rate for lodge at Animal kingdom- did get a little pixie dust and was able to purchase APs…