home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Memorial Day weekend....Who's going?

We leave the 27th for a long Memorial Day weekend. We are staying over at Beach Club Villas. Its been a long time since we have stay at this resort. We are taking our two grandsons and it will be there first time staying at the resort.

Anyone else heading on down Memorial Day weekend?
Old 05-12-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

We are leaving May 26 after my younger DD's last exam.
Staying RR for 5 nights then moving to BLT for 2 nights.

Most of our gas stations in NC have no gas but hoping everyone calms down.
We did book flights last night just in case. Glad AA still has their refund policy in effect b/c DH doesn't want to fly. Our girls & I still may hop on that plane.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
We are leaving May 26 after my younger DD's last exam.
Staying RR for 5 nights then moving to BLT for 2 nights.

Most of our gas stations in NC have no gas but hoping everyone calms down.
We did book flights last night just in case. Glad AA still has their refund policy in effect b/c DH doesn't want to fly. Our girls & I still may hop on that plane.

We will be visiting RR on Monday.....we have breakfast at Topolin's before we leave WDW later that afternoon. I have not stayed at the resort yet, but we just love it over there when we visit.

Good luck with the gas situation. We still have gas in Maryland, but the prices are jumping. We will be flying in to MCO. This will be our 10th and 11 flights since July.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We will be visiting RR on Monday.....we have breakfast at Topolin's before we leave WDW later that afternoon. I have not stayed at the resort yet, but we just love it over there when we visit.

Good luck with the gas situation. We still have gas in Maryland, but the prices are jumping. We will be flying in to MCO. This will be our 10th and 11 flights since July.
Your grandsons will love that breakfast! We actually went ahead & bought at RR when they opened back up in July. PP was really good. I understand all about the restrictions but we really love the resort & plan on passing the contracts to our DD's later in life.

DH thinks we will be just fine with gas by then but I wanted a backup since we are spending a boatload of points on this trip with the 2 bedrooms. I've personally flown 10 times since July. I would much rather fly than drive but DH is not a fan of the masks (he is actually just chilling on this trip) & really wants our car for this long trip.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Your grandsons will love that breakfast! We actually went ahead & bought at RR when they opened back up in July. PP was really good. I understand all about the restrictions but we really love the resort & plan on passing the contracts to our DD's later in life.

We kept kicking the tires over and over at Riviera. We knew we would like it before it started sales. Loved it even more after our first tour of the resort. Ended up buying more SSR resale. I hate to think I am cheap.....but apparently I am . The $145 pp at VGF nearly killed me.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
We leave the 27th for a long Memorial Day weekend. We are staying over at Beach Club Villas. Its been a long time since we have stay at this resort. We are taking our two grandsons and it will be there first time staying at the resort.

Anyone else heading on down Memorial Day weekend?
We will be at Copper Creek for that weekend. Just Friday/Saturday nights, no parks. It is our break in between house hunting.

Plans are to swim, eat, drink, sleep-repeat.

You can also find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List as It's Me:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:
We kept kicking the tires over and over at Riviera. We knew we would like it before it started sales. Loved it even more after our first tour of the resort. Ended up buying more SSR resale. I hate to think I am cheap.....but apparently I am . The $145 pp at VGF nearly killed me.
I totally understand! Cheapest I've seen a RR go on resale was $115/pp but they are settling right now at about $130/pp but who knows where it will go but Disney definitely isn't buying those back for a long time so you never know what you could negotiate down to.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #8
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Looking forward to Memorial Day!

We are staying at Marriott Cypress Harbor that week with a night at Copper Creek and a night at Beach Club sprinkled in. I want to at least visit my DVC while I am there, but we have a large group and MVC can accomodate without putting a bunch of points at risk. Plus point rental demand has been busy!

Extra pixie dust for great SAB weather!
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Day Tripping on May 27th to Epcot. DH has two furlough days before Memorial Day. I believe we will celebrate the end of his furlough days which sounds strange, but with their end what also ends is his pay cut from covid. So, that is good news. Weíll make the most of these two and his last one in June.

We are trying the new gelato place at Epcot. Canít wait.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #10
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post

We are trying the new gelato place at Epcot. Canít wait.
I hear it's really good. Friday is our EPCOT day but depending on how RoR goes on Thursday, I might PH over there.