home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Default Cruella

I was just wondering what others thought of the movie.

We watched it yesterday and I was quite surprised. It was totally not what I expected but very well done. Not the traditional story line somewhat like Maleficent.

The music really makes the movie also. Loved the music.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
ajc
Grand Villa

I am interested in seeing this movie since we our family had dalmatians when I was growing up and my sister breeds world class dalmatians to this day.
My first movie date with my DH of 35 years (yeah, I had to use the calculator for that one to be accurate ) was the re-release of 101 Dalmatians in the 80's.
I was wondering how they would tie in Anita as Cruella's college room mate before CDV went to the "fur side" (dark side) .
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEGRAM View Post
I was just wondering what others thought of the movie.

We watched it yesterday and I was quite surprised. It was totally not what I expected but very well done. Not the traditional story line somewhat like Maleficent.

The music really makes the movie also. Loved the music.
Great movie - - definitely enhanced by the perfect musical insertions! Spoiler Alert: The "kill off the mother" Disney obsession is still alive and well...
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:47 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Iíve heard good things from friends.

Read a bad ďprofessionalĒ review but I never give a shit about them. Plus itís something I want to see so would never let anyone elseís opinions dissuade me from doing so, friends or otherwise.

Anyway, do believe Iíll make this the first movie Iíve seen in a theater in over a year. Especially now that I can finally do so maskless!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Yours is the third or fourth post (not here) I've seen discussing how good the music is. I really want to see it. Now, we just need to decide if we're going to pay the $30 on Disney+ or go to the theatre. We haven't been to the theatre in so long that I kind of want to go...
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:50 AM   #6
tigerjen99
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Yours is the third or fourth post (not here) I've seen discussing how good the music is. I really want to see it. Now, we just need to decide if we're going to pay the $30 on Disney+ or go to the theatre. We haven't been to the theatre in so long that I kind of want to go...
We decided to see it in the theater. With having one DD who is only 1 shot in regarding vaccination and the other who is not old enough for vaccination yet, we were nervous. However, the show we booked seats for at our theater had 2 other families (literally) in the theater. My husband checked the showtimes that interested us and looked to see which seats were booked. We weren't sitting by anyone and I even let my daughters remove their masks during the movie. It felt nice to see a movie in a theater again (and to see the trailers). A step back to normalcy was just what we needed.

Upcoming Trips:
January 2022 (Copper Creek Villas)
tigerjen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
It's Me
Grand Villa

We watched on Disney+ last night and really enjoyed it. as others have said, we loved the music too. And both Emma's were amazing (no surprise).

You can also find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List as It's Me:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #8
dantr
One Bedroom

We saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of these live action remakes have surprised me and my family for the good: The Jungle Book, Aladdin and now Cruella have been a lot of fun.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #9
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerjen99 View Post
We decided to see it in the theater. With having one DD who is only 1 shot in regarding vaccination and the other who is not old enough for vaccination yet, we were nervous. However, the show we booked seats for at our theater had 2 other families (literally) in the theater. My husband checked the showtimes that interested us and looked to see which seats were booked. We weren't sitting by anyone and I even let my daughters remove their masks during the movie. It felt nice to see a movie in a theater again (and to see the trailers). A step back to normalcy was just what we needed.
Neither of my kids are old enough to be vaccinated yet, but I would be comfortable taking them to the theatre. The more I think about $$, I think we may just watch at home, though.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:42 AM   #10
nrspepe
Grand Villa

Saw it tonight at the theatre. Great movie! Music was awesome. Nice to go out to the movies again.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote