home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #21
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Lines, lines, everywhere lines... Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind... Wear this, don't stand there... Can't you see the lines??

With apologies to the five man electric band.

BTW, if you like the original song, there is a good cover by the five man acoustic band

Last edited by cpnkirk; 11-24-2020 at 10:54 AM.
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:55 PM   #22
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

We hit the mountains today at MK. Space, then Big Thunder, then Splash. We never did ride Seven Dwarves, because we were just tired of standing in line by then, and DS really wanted to go to the pool.

So back to the room, and out to the pool. DS & DW got in the pool while I drank a couple of beers and soaked my feet in the hot tub.

Then, off to the Poly for dinner @ Kona. First time for us, and we enjoyed it. We tried the pot stickers & sticky wings, then steak for DW & I, and a burger for DS. Everyone agreed it was good. I think the sticky wings were the favorite.

Getting back to BLT was frustrating...first we tried the boat launch, but the sign there only said boats to MK & GF. No mention of contemporary. I don't know if that's normal, or if we just missed out but anyway we left there and walked over to the TTC. Monorails were down. No idea why. We had tried the monorail from BLT earlier and they told us the same story. However, we saw several trains run overhead as we traveled around, so I don't get it? Finally, in frustration we decided to uber, and then had trouble finding the spot where they pick up. Over all, I say this is a Disney transportation fail...honestly, the first I've ever experienced.

However, we finally made it home and are ready to finish packing up for the resort transfer tomorrow.

18k steps today...6k just going to pool & dinner!
Old 11-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #23
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #24
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
We hit the mountains today at MK. Space, then Big Thunder, then Splash. We never did ride Seven Dwarves, because we were just tired of standing in line by then, and DS really wanted to go to the pool.

So back to the room, and out to the pool. DS & DW got in the pool while I drank a couple of beers and soaked my feet in the hot tub.

Then, off to the Poly for dinner @ Kona. First time for us, and we enjoyed it. We tried the pot stickers & sticky wings, then steak for DW & I, and a burger for DS. Everyone agreed it was good. I think the sticky wings were the favorite.

Getting back to BLT was frustrating...first we tried the boat launch, but the sign there only said boats to MK & GF. No mention of contemporary. I don't know if that's normal, or if we just missed out but anyway we left there and walked over to the TTC. Monorails were down. No idea why. We had tried the monorail from BLT earlier and they told us the same story. However, we saw several trains run overhead as we traveled around, so I don't get it? Finally, in frustration we decided to uber, and then had trouble finding the spot where they pick up. Over all, I say this is a Disney transportation fail...honestly, the first I've ever experienced.

However, we finally made it home and are ready to finish packing up for the resort transfer tomorrow.

18k steps today...6k just going to pool & dinner!
I don't think the small boats from the Poly/GF ever go to the Contemporary - only to the MK.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #25
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:

Lines, lines, everywhere lines... Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind... Wear this, don't stand there... Can't you see the lines??

With apologies to the five man electric band.

BTW, if you like the original song, there is a good cover by the five man acoustic band
Ha! Love that song! Especially the original . There were lines everywhere!
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #26
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Last night my son mentioned that we didn't have any breakfast reservations, so I looked on the app and found a spot @ Chef Mickeys. We've never tried that one before, so we booked it and went there after dropping our bags off @ Bell Services for the transfer to BWV. A good breakfast...no characters, but that's not a big deal for us. It's all you can eat at the table now instead of Buffett, also good.

Then off to Animal Kingdom, and we had to actually wait for the bus this time, but not too long. On the way, I got a message from touring plans reservation finder that beaches & cream was available tonight, so we switched our dinner ADR to that. We had Shula's scheduled, but weren't really excited about it. I'm sure they have excellent steaks, but the $$ was probably at LEAST twice beaches and cream, and our gift card money is getting low!

So we arrived at the park, and checked out the wait times. Safari was only 25 minutes, so we headed there first and enjoy it as always. Then we decided to go to Everest, and waited in the line for 20 minutes. We were just about to go into the "normal" entrance when the ride broke down and the dispersed the line. That was frustrating. DW & DS then fought over Kali vs FOP, and Kali won. We rode that (first time in a while), and then headed to FOP. It was a long wait, but of course the ride was awesome AND we got to see the standby line queue area, which we had never been through so I guess it was worth it.

We saw several boat cavalcades today. They were just about non stop. We also saw several @ MK yesterday, but I dont' remember seeing any at HS or Epcot...

That was it for today, and we headed to the bus over to BWV. I went straight to bell services to get our bags, but they said the bags weren't there yet so we went up to the room, and almost immediately got a phone call saying they had arrived so they brought them up just before we headed over to beaches & cream for a nice dinner. Boy are those desserts HUGE! None of us could finish it. DW & I didn't even make it 1/2 way and even DS couldn't complete the job. The renovation there is very nice, lots more room!

We took the boat back to BWV (it pulled up just as we walked by the pier) and now it's time to relax for a bit. Epcot tomorrow, so we can sleep a little late (gates @ 11).

"Only" 14k steps today. That makes 65k so far this week, might hit 100k for the entire week...
Old 11-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #27
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoying the report!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #28
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Day 6 with almost no break. Doesn't look like I'll get one this trip. I may have to insist on a resort day for the March trip, 8 days of nonstop park time is brutal.

Back to Epcot today. We made it to the IG about 10:30 (opening time is 11) and they were already open. We headed straight for test track, and got in line. The wait time was already posted at 105 minutes. We waited about 20 minutes and they announced the ride was closed. Most people began to leave the line. DW said we should just move on up and wait to see what happened, but we ended up hustling over to Mission Space and rode it with a short wait. By the time we came out, Test Track was moving again. But, we went over to the disney shorts and watched that, then headed up to check out the DVC lounge, which we had never visited before. We used the down time to charge phones and decide on lunch.

Placed a mobile order for Sunshine Seasons, figuring we'd do Soarin' after that. Turns out to be a good idea. That was the best q/s meal we've had all week. We stood in line for Soarin' for quite a while, but a lot less than the posted time. DS & I used the time to play the trivia challenge, as we had Sunday when we were in that line. We ended up somewhere on the "all time leaderboard" around #40. I don't know how often they reset that, but we were proud of ourselves.

We went to test track again after that, and stood in the line for quite a while. We were literally just before the last turn to the boarding area when they announced technical troubles. Luckily, it was up and running in 5 minutes and we got to ride for the first time in about 6 years. We typically don't stand in lines during "normal" times, just using FP+ for the bigger rides and filling in with whatever we can find for around 20 min wait. Soarin' always wins out for the FP+ choice. But, since we're standing in long lines every where we go this week, we might as well stand in the line for test track as well, right? It was fun.

Got out of that just in time for ADR @ Chefs de France. They seated us upstairs in Mosier Paul dining room, so I guess that was a treat. We ordered escargot appetizer, and DS & I were brave enough to try it. DW just couldn't. I thought the flavor was ok, but the texture not so much. DS actually had 2 (probably just to show his bravery).

After that back to Soarin' where we had a much shorter line. We did some more trivia, but it wasn't working very well...we could see on the big screens that it wasn't giving us all the questions so we finally gave up.

I was ready to go back to the room by that time. 15k steps today makes 96k in 6 days. Whew! My goal has been 8k per day (when not @ Disney of course). Bumping up to 9k per day on Sunday (when we'll be home). I guess we'll see if I can make myself get on the treadmill after this week...
Old 11-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #29
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Then off to Animal Kingdom, and we had to actually wait for the bus this time, but not too long. On the way, I got a message from touring plans reservation finder that beaches & cream was available tonight, so we switched our dinner ADR to that. We had Shula's scheduled, but weren't really excited about it. I'm sure they have excellent steaks, but the $$ was probably at LEAST twice beaches and cream, and our gift card money is getting low!

We have been to Shula's a few times. Its ok.....The steaks are good, but not to die for and the ambiance caters more to business dinners then being on vacation. Excellent score on the Beaches & Cream reservation.....comfort food wins every time. And money saved.....like you said 50% discount over eating at Shula's.

Quote:
So we arrived at the park, and checked out the wait times. Safari was only 25 minutes, so we headed there first and enjoy it as always. Then we decided to go to Everest, and waited in the line for 20 minutes. We were just about to go into the "normal" entrance when the ride broke down and the dispersed the line. That was frustrating. DW & DS then fought over Kali vs FOP, and Kali won. We rode that (first time in a while), and then headed to FOP. It was a long wait, but of course the ride was awesome AND we got to see the standby line queue area, which we had never been through so I guess it was worth it.

Sounds like a god day to me, except the EE part. Safari and FOP never disappoint.

Quote:
"Only" 14k steps today. That makes 65k so far this week, might hit 100k for the entire week...

Holy cow....that would be almost 45 miles.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:19 AM   #30
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Holy cow....that would be almost 45 miles.

I'm hoping it offsets some of the good eatin' from this week. Instead of gorging on one day this week, we spread it out over 8 days!