home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #11
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Hope the rest of your trip is smooth - great start though.

Enjoy the view - very nice.

We hung back quiet a few times. We had plenty of groups (3 or more) in front of us. We just hung back an extra 6 feet/marker. Sometimes a whole family would meet up/join the line with the two in front of us.

Enjoy. Hope you liked the F&W experience.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #12
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for sharing. Hope the rest of your trip is a blast!

As for F&W....you need to try when it's in full swing with the Eat to the Beat bands. I think doing it the last day in 2020 isn't an accurate experience. Maybe next year

Room view is nice. Love the 1BR at BLT. Layout wise and style (though finishings seemed to be done on the cheap and are in need of refurb but the sleek modern style is nice).

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 9/3-7 at BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Thanks for sharing. Hope the rest of your trip is a blast!

As for F&W....you need to try when it's in full swing with the Eat to the Beat bands. I think doing it the last day in 2020 isn't an accurate experience. Maybe next year

Room view is nice. Love the 1BR at BLT. Layout wise and style (though finishings seemed to be done on the cheap and are in need of refurb but the sleek modern style is nice).
I've caught a couple of bands during F&G, and definitely look forward to more in the future - always enjoy them.

I do like the decor as well. The bed & couch (where DS sleeps) are not comfortable, however. Also...no usb ports!? no clocks!? odd decisions, I think. Surely they'll at least add usb ports on the next refurb.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #14
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
It was an ad on facebook. We all got one. I had so many comments about it yesterday that my wife said she doesn't want to wear hers! Everywhere I go with that shirt someone comments on it.

This isn't where I bought mine, but here's a link I found:

https://myfrogtee.com/product/baby-y...on-club-shirt/
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a fun day at the food and wine festival. Enjoy the rest of the trip.
Raspus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #15
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Great family pic in that first post!

Hopefully we’ll see you all tonight at the meet up. My kids are being bribed with a beaches & cream take out run - they are 13 & 14 in case you need to find something for your kid too

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP July 3-9, 2021 - PM to meetup!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #16
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

We are still at dinner in HS... Does anyone know if we could catch a bus to the TTC from boardwalk after the meet up?

We have a scooter to transport... And need to get back to BLT

Looks like buses from HS stop around 8
Old 11-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Wonderful day yesterday at HS. Got up early and was successful in grabbing boarding group 71. We all headed over to the bus stop, and there's a bus waiting. So far that's been our experience - every single time, there has been a bus waiting for us going where we want to go. I guess they knew the VIP's were in town!

We rode ToT. The line was incredibly long, but still less than the posted wait time. Then we checked out the racing academy. First time for that one. It was a nice little show, and the animatronic for Lighting Mcqueen was impressive.

After that we had a quick meal at Rosie's, around the corner. I'm starting to like mobile order...if I can just remember to do it before approaching the line...and I wish I didn't have to enter the entire gift card number every time.

RnR next, then over to Toy story mania and alien swirling saucers (another first). As soon as we exited that ride, our boarding group was called. We were at the line within minutes, but the ride broke down and we couldn't get on

So, we went over to smuggler's run for another incredibly long line. This one didn't move quite as fast, but we did get to ride, then rise was back up so we rode that one as well. Both were first times for us, and they were both very cool, but wow so much was going on and it was so fast I had a hard time keeping up! I can't imagine what it would have been like as 11 yo me right after the movie first came out and experiencing those rides...I'd have been totally blown away.

Getting close to dinner reservation by this point, so we walk over to Muppets, and we are exiting the show literally at the moment of our reservation...perfect timing, and we're right there at Mama Melrose. Dinner was great, as always. One of our favorites.

Heading out of the park, I notice that runaway railway has just a 15 minute wait (barely 15 minutes before the park closes...the CM at the entrance kept checking his watch to see if it was time to turn people away!). We couldn't resist that, so we jumped in line only to hear "Cpnkirk!". I turned around and there was sawikipedia, who recognized me from the photos. We were trying to figure out how to deal with going to the meetup with the scooter and still get it back to BLT after, and he tried to help, but ultimately we decided to just go back to BLT first, leave the scooter and uber over for the meetup. This also allowed us to get a jacket and leave DS who didn't care to meet anyone (he'd have just been staring at his phone the whole time anyway).

The meetup was great, and we enjoy more than 3 hours of conversation...look forward to more meetups in the future!

Only about 13k steps today...HS is small. We experienced 5 new attractions today, and met more than 5 new friends...a good day!

MK again today, and Kona for dinner, which will be another first (and probably get a chance for DS to jump in the pool which he has been talking about since we got here).
Old 11-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #18
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

So glad y’all had a good HS day. Always fun Trying new rides! And very glad you got in Rise and SR, and Rise wasn’t down too long.
Wonderful meeting y’all last night. Always good to meet folks from Alabama. My parents moved to LA for Daddy’s work, but they’re both from Andalusia.all my family still near that area.
i We’re at MK today too. First day there this trip and since last year. Y’all have fun!!!! We’re debating what to do first. Space/ that side of park or Thunder
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #19
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
So glad y’all had a good HS day. Always fun Trying new rides! And very glad you got in Rise and SR, and Rise wasn’t down too long.
Wonderful meeting y’all last night. Always good to meet folks from Alabama. My parents moved to LA for Daddy’s work, but they’re both from Andalusia.all my family still near that area.
i We’re at MK today too. First day there this trip and since last year. Y’all have fun!!!! We’re debating what to do first. Space/ that side of park or Thunder
We rode zero mountains on Sunday, so that's the plan for today...climb the mountains!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
Wonderful day yesterday at HS. Got up early and was successful in grabbing boarding group 71. We all headed over to the bus stop, and there's a bus waiting. So far that's been our experience - every single time, there has been a bus waiting for us going where we want to go. I guess they knew the VIP's were in town!

Looks like the stars have aligned for you.....at least yesterday! Glad you are having a great trip so far.