home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Cruise is officially cancelled

We learned yesterday that our Nov. 2020 Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder has officially been cancelled.

While I am disappointed, I am also relieved to actually know for sure it is cancelled so I can move on and quite worrying about it. I do have the same cruise booked for next year, so still something to look forward to and hopefully there is a vaccine available long before then.

My only problem is that now I have a lot of vacation time to try and use up before the end of the year or I will lose it. I do not want to use it by just staying at home, but hubby says he is not sure if he is comfortable going anywhere. I might just have to book myself a studio at WDW for a week and have a resort stay. I don't know, have a ton of ideas floating around in my head.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
We learned yesterday that our Nov. 2020 Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder has officially been cancelled.

While I am disappointed, I am also relieved to actually know for sure it is cancelled so I can move on and quite worrying about it. I do have the same cruise booked for next year, so still something to look forward to and hopefully there is a vaccine available long before then.

My only problem is that now I have a lot of vacation time to try and use up before the end of the year or I will lose it. I do not want to use it by just staying at home, but hubby says he is not sure if he is comfortable going anywhere. I might just have to book myself a studio at WDW for a week and have a resort stay. I don't know, have a ton of ideas floating around in my head.

There are lots of good and safe options available for travel. Cruising and international travel are not either of them unfortunately. After the past week of three cruise fails with the virus, I am not expecting any of the US cruise Lines to sail until 2021 now.

We are going to WDW in 3 weeks. I am not a fan of the mask and the Florida heat. Florida numbers are trending down and who knows what they will be in the fall. Four months ago NYC was a living hell, today not so much.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
There are lots of good and safe options available for travel. Cruising and international travel are not either of them unfortunately.
I'm not convinced that international travel is any less safe than domestic travel right about now. Cruising is definitely on the naughty list at present.

Cheers.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Tom, do you plan on hitting the parks or making this a resort stay?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I'm not convinced that international travel is any less safe than domestic travel right about now.

Its not about being safe.....No one wants us!
Old 08-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Tom, do you plan on hitting the parks or making this a resort stay?

Both....We will do parks early, spend 3-4 hours then pool resort time. In the evening, we will go back out for dinner.

Our trip is for 9-nights, but more then likely I will be leaving early. I am not concerned about the virus, I do all the right things to keep my self safe. I do not like wearing the masks in the heat. I try, but just can't get use to it. I am fine wearing the mask indoors. I am sure it will be fun and all, but I already know I can't do it for the whole 9 days.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:40 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Its not about being safe.....No one wants us!
Well that's (unfortunately) true

Interesting to see if our year-end trip to Italy is even possible, whether or not advisable.

Cheers.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:

Same situation here . I am not reckless but DH does not want to go anywhere. I will be working from home 90% and our DD is now only going into her HS for 2 days a week about 4.5 hrs so she will be home too and he just retired. It almost perfect timing to go somewhere when we do not need to worry about DD or my schedule! We have points to use also....

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Interesting to see if our year-end trip to Italy is even possible, whether or not advisable.

Who the hell knows where we will be or Italy will be 4 months from now. As of today, non-essential travel to Italy is not allowed.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Who the hell knows where we will be or Italy will be 4 months from now. As of today, non-essential travel to Italy is not allowed.
Yup. That's why we're holding with option to cancel for full refund based on a schedule change that I don't feel like resolving right now.

Cheers.