home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #21
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerjen99 View Post
How close is Coco to The Book of Life?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2262227/
It's really a completely different story. We loved Book of Life as well when it came out, but between the two I like Coco bit more. That said, I think Book of Life had better music. We played a couple of the Book of Life movie songs over and over for a period of time afterwards in the car. We didn't come out of Coco with any songs that were "must play". But, I think the story of Coco is more in depth.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #22
tigerjen99
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
It's really a completely different story. We loved Book of Life as well when it came out, but between the two I like Coco bit more. That said, I think Book of Life had better music. We played a couple of the Book of Life movie songs over and over for a period of time afterwards in the car. We didn't come out of Coco with any songs that were "must play". But, I think the story of Coco is more in depth.
Great! Thanks for the feedback! We were debating whether to see in the theater or not and didn't want to pay theater prices for a redundant movie. I guess we'll be hitting a theater soon.
tigerjen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #23
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Finally got to see Coco last night.

And all I have to say is that I'm still really tired of crying at children's cartons.

I'm in the minority in that I feel that the legacy, serial Pixar movies are mostly not as good as the original concepts. After Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, and Toy Story, I feel the single movies like Up, WALL-E, Brave, and Inside Out, are significantly better stories and movies. Don't get me wrong, I like the Incredibles, Toy Story 3, and Cars, and the others, but not as much as the stand alone ones. Coco was no exception. The animation is stunning. The story is engaging and heartfelt. I don't think it had the music or merchandising tie-ins to stay with you, as others have mentioned, but it's such a good movie. The Disney Animation movies for the rest of the decade are all sequels, and that makes me sad after seeing Coco.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #24
dantr
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
The Disney Animation movies for the rest of the decade are all sequels, and that makes me sad after seeing Coco.
I think that someone from Pixar said that after Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2, they only had original movies on the pipeline. I don't think they have announced any one of them, though.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
I think that someone from Pixar said that after Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2, they only had original movies on the pipeline. I don't think they have announced any one of them, though.
I know, but that's still 2.5-3 years away. I'm not that excited for Incredibles 2, and I'm worried about TS4. I think Wreck-It Ralph 2 may be good, and I'm unsure of Frozen 2. The two shorts they've done since the movie have been so-so.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #26
dantr
Studio

Quote:
I know, but that's still 2.5-3 years away. I'm not that excited for Incredibles 2, and I'm worried about TS4. I think Wreck-It Ralph 2 may be good, and I'm unsure of Frozen 2. The two shorts they've done since the movie have been so-so.
That is true. I was pretty bummed when they cancelled Gigantic.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #27
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I thought Toy Story 3 turned out well. All the movies really have the same story, but they've managed to tweak them and address different elements in each that they've all worked for me.

We just watched Frozen again for the first time in quite a while. The kids enjoyed it, but it really solidified the problems I had with the movie. I'm thinking just an Olaf and Anna movie for me. I guess you could throw the reindeer and other guy in there too; leave Elsa at home.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #28
richviii
One Bedroom

I would agree the detail in the animation (along with the story) was amazing.

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote