home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
Nickys
Grand Villa

Default Club Level lounge re-opening dates

Opening dates for most, but not all CL lounges have been announced.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 26, 2021
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Royal Palm Club) - September 16, 2021
BoardWalk Inn - September 23, 2021
Contemporary Resort - September 26, 2021
Wilderness Lodge - December 16, 2021
Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs Resort - December 16, 2021

Obviously for most DVC the AKL date is most significant.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Very bummed about AKV club opening. We had 1 night booked for our 25th anniversary (early Sept). And when they announced the other club levels that were opening it was said the we would be lucky if Jambo's would be open by January. So I hurried and switched our 1BR Jambo Club night over to 1BR at BCV while it was available. We also had the next 3 nights at BCV. Sigh....could have kept it if we knew the club lounge would be open but everything I was reading said 'not a chance'. So disappointed.

Our Carnival cruise for the 3 days after was cancelled (so 4 at BCV and then 3 day cruise for our 25th anniversary....had a Hawaiian cruise initially booked with plans to book add on 3 nights at Aulani at 7 months but cancelled cruise amidst coivd shut downs and made the WDW plus 3 day cruise plans instead...no flights). And now SIL is fearing other shut down and thinks our 4 days at WDW will be cancelled too. In laws all booked for it too. DH says they may cut park capacity and he heard if they do that they will cancel ALL and have folks rebook...first come first serve type thing. SIL thinks flights may be cancelled and parks may close. So...no 25th anniversary anything. Oh, and this was our 4th cruise cancelled.

Just venting. We can still drive down to stay at our vacay property but if things shut down, I am guessing our resort pool and bar will be shut down. So no real desire to just go stay in a house in FL in Sept to sit inside and cook dinners. Not for a big anniversary vacay. We bought our kids airfare and park tickets and MIL and FIL park tickets and reserved a golf cart for the week (to ride to our vacay prop resort pool as it's a good hike). Still waiting on cruise refund. Guess SW air will just credit each of my kids in future airfare credit and not a refund to my CC. And then WDW should refund all the park tix but who knows how long. So can't book something else...like a VRBO rental on the ocean or something. Rambling now. And don't know what to think...WDW is opening AKV club in Aug but yet I keep hearing folks talk of shut downs. I feel like that lady in the commercial....the cancel vacay one where she is chopping food and gets all violent and says something like 'THIS vacay is happening' and chops really hard.

Bad enough my mom decided to sell her house right now and, yep, buyers want to close in Sept. We had blocked all of Sept and into Oct at our vacay prop (blocked from renting out) and had Oct 1 park booked at Epcot with a room booked at SSR. Had to cancel that and shorten our stay at our property down to just 3 weeks (wanted like 6) to get back for my mom's move. My anniversary trip is just dwindling and I am starting to feel like I don't even want to bother at all. It is such a long drive to just do some crap hang out and cook vacay for like 2-3 weeks. I know...first world problems. Lol.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 12/27-2/26 at our FL house with few 1 night stays at DVC and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 08-02-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Very bummed about AKV club opening. ~

~ And now SIL is fearing other shut down and thinks our 4 days at WDW will be cancelled too. In laws all booked for it too. DH says they may cut park capacity and he heard if they do that they will cancel ALL and have folks rebook...first come first serve type thing. SIL thinks flights may be cancelled and parks may close. So...no 25th anniversary anything. Oh, and this was our 4th cruise cancelled. ~
IMO all the above doom & gloom will not happen We're scheduled for the last weekend in September. While I think we'll all be wearing masks, I think everything else will be a go. I would love Disney to cut park capacity even if we do have to rebook the dates.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
IMO all the above doom & gloom will not happen We're scheduled for the last weekend in September. While I think we'll all be wearing masks, I think everything else will be a go. I would love Disney to cut park capacity even if we do have to rebook the dates.
Yeah....I kinda would not mind capacity cut too. And don't mind indoor masking but outdoor masking is awful. Though I'd even take that to get in a nice anniversary trip...doing F&W booths. Hanging in DS (especially at our fave City Works).

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 12/27-2/26 at our FL house with few 1 night stays at DVC and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:05 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Yeah....I kinda would not mind capacity cut too. And don't mind indoor masking but outdoor masking is awful. Though I'd even take that to get in a nice anniversary trip...doing F&W booths. Hanging in DS (especially at our fave City Works).

I really don’t see parks closing again. Current shittiness of inside masking is likely here to stay for a while. But now that vaccination is possible with proven efficacy there is zero reason to go further. Of course I wouldn’t have gone as far backwards as we already have but that’s me…
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #6
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Has anyone stayed at Jambo club level since it came back after shutdown? We were able to book 2 nights in January so I grabbed them. We stayed once a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm wondering what may have changed in it's new post-shutdown form? Thanks!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote