home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #11
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereed11 View Post
From what I hear it is one of the best laid back places to stay.
Nothing like getting off the bus in your own little neighborhood after a long day in the parks.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #12
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #13
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Hi, Friends...

I'm here! In Miller's Road...I'd requested ground floor/Peninsular Road but there wasn't a studio ready (after arriving and having a wonderful Sunday brunch--chicken & waffles w/strawberries & whipped cream) at Olivia's)...but they had a ground floor Miller's Road studio ready so I took that, gratefully...it's about half-way between the road you cross to get to Hospitality House and the end (where the pool is)...have zero complaints about my location, and the room looks great...

And speaking of Hospitality House--it's totally torn up! (Is there anywhere at WDW that isn't under construction? The Contemporary was all torn up when I was at BLT 3 weeks ago)...you now have to go to where the "library/lobby" was where 3 CMs sit at tables w/laptops on them to help out...I went there for 2 reasons: (1) I've learned that when your "go straight to the room" email tells you your room isn't ready, very often it really is if you ask at the front desk (or at least another room I'd like just as well as what I requested will be ready); and (2) my MDE screen gave me an error message saying it couldn't register my device and to call guest services. When I asked the CM in the "lobby" about that he said no one there could do technology and I would have to contact the "help desk"...he gave me a number to call, but I decided I'd do my "magic fix the computer" process instead...turned my phone off and after a minute turned it back on again...and sure enough, all was fixed and my MDE screen was working again and even had my new Miller's Road room number on it. Didn't use the phone to unlock my door, tho...I'm happy w/my "Sorcerer Mickey" magic band and always use it...

I'd planned on Olivia's buttermilk fried chicken for lunch upon arrival (have also learned that room is rarely ready before 1 (altho usually well before 2) and I got here at a bit before noon....but I forgot today is Sunday so Olivia's "lunch" is really Sunday brunch...no problem...the chicken & waffles & strawberries & whipped cream tasted SO good...loved it. Will try for the buttermilk fried chicken later...

The line for ME at the airport was the longest I've ever seen in all my years of using ME...looked like a Disney line for Flight of Passage, snaking up & down half the length of the walkway...but it moved right along; it took 20 minutes to get to check-in, but the line was moving steadily the whole way so it didn't seem so bad...and the airport was jammed...I don't think I've ever seen MCO so crowded either! Maybe that's usual for Sunday at 11 a.m.? Don't know; can't remember the last time I traveled on a Sunday...anyway, it was no big deal and waited only 10 minutes for a bus and OKW was the first stop (that never happens either)...again, no complaints...

I'm SO happy to be here! I'm all unpacked now and am going to go swim for a while ... I plan to go to Epcot this evening...my friends arrive around 6, but they're headed out to see their son, who's got a job at Halloween Horrors at Universal...so I really won't connect with them til tomorrow...but I thought I'd be at the ME stop when they arrive so I can say "welcome home"...

Off to the pool with me (no sign yet of the new tax increase proposals so I can do pool time with a clear conscience)...happy Sunday to all...Dani
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #14
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Enjoy your trip and the pool time. We are OKW-ers. Kids love the home away from home feeling but still being on Disney property. Spend so much time at the pool and HH. Sorry to hear it is torn up. We just booked BLT for April in a 2 br for the first time. Thank you for sharing your trip. I can feel your excitement!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #15
melk
Grand Villa

We always enjoy OKW. Have fun!
melk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
You actually do leave pretty soon don't you?
We leave on Wednesday. Just arrive at the movie theater to see Labyrinth with my baby sis! I get movie popcorn AND Disney popcorn, all in the same week!
Old 09-12-2021, 04:03 PM   #17
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

You seem excited.....
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #18
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post

I'm here! In Miller's Road...I'd requested ground floor/Peninsular Road but there wasn't a studio ready (after arriving and having a wonderful Sunday brunch--chicken & waffles w/strawberries & whipped cream) at Olivia's)...but they had a ground floor Miller's Road studio ready so I took that, gratefully...it's about half-way between the road you cross to get to Hospitality House and the end (where the pool is)...have zero complaints about my location, and the room looks great...
That area in Millerís Road is our new favorite location. Shhh, donít tell anybody.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #19
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
We leave on Wednesday. Just arrive at the movie theater to see Labyrinth with my baby sis! I get movie popcorn AND Disney popcorn, all in the same week!
Enjoy the movie and hope you have a great trip! Boy do I miss BRV!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #20
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

OKW is wonderful! Enjoy your trip!

Upcoming Trips:
9/30 - 10/4 OKW
11/4 - 11/12 BWV/AKV- Kidani
2/5/22 - 2/12/22 BLT
PirateLinda is online now   Reply With Quote