home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #31
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
I’m going a few days early of our upcoming March trip to check out the local 55+ communities……
I'd be interested in hearing your results. We have a few years left and are starting to talk about what/where we may want to go.
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #32
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's Nana View Post
I'd be interested in hearing your results. We have a few years left and are starting to talk about what/where we may want to go.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #33
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Oh....Thanks for the reminder, I need to replace my bottle.

When we go in three weeks, I am picking up a bottle of Disney select Woodford.
I just Instacart my alcohol. In the event there is any left, I put it in an empty coke bottle and throw in my checked bag.

In the Event I’m not checking bags, then the bus ride to the airport is going to be LIT.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #34
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Take notes.....lots of notes!

I get updates from a new community that will be opening towards the end of the year or next spring.
We visited one in April - I want to see your notes too
Old 09-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #35
wiltony
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I always read the Owner's Locker posts, it excites me, but I can't justify it...it's just wife and I, we only go once per year, and our flights give us two free suitcases each. Which means I get to bring 3 or 4 large suitcases for two people, so no problem packing everything I need.

They do get heavy, though.
Thanks for this, I was looking for some other opinions of those who had it and decided not to continue, or those who investigated and passed.

I also can't seem to justify $126/yr + delivery charges when I can just bring all my stuff in my suitcase for free via Southwest.

Then again, maybe some that cost would be offset by the fact that I wouldn't have to order so much from Amazon or Walmart every time I go.

I've almost pulled the trigger a few times but always chicken out, heh. :shrug:
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:50 PM   #36
nrspepe
Grand Villa

We’re only paying half price for the last 6 months of the year…so worth a try.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:58 PM   #37
wiltony
One Bedroom

LOL okay it didn't take much convincing I guess as I just signed up with the DVC promotion.

We'll see how it goes!
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:01 PM   #38
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I just Instacart my alcohol. In the event there is any left, I put it in an empty coke bottle and throw in my checked bag.

In the Event I’m not checking bags, then the bus ride to the airport is going to be LIT.
I wanna be on THAT bus!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #39
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post

I've finished off large quantities of things on the last day, too. The coke bottle trick is a great one. I bring stuff down in my bags, too, although last time I just ordered stuff when I got there and it was less stressful, packing and worrying about things leaking. Plus those suitcases get heavy when there are four giant bottles of margarita and two giant plastic bottles of somethings else in there...

For anyone interested, my engineering testing has led me to use Mtn Dew or Pepsi bottles for packing, their cap seals via a small plastic molding in the cap that gets press-fit into the neck of the bottle as you screw it down, which has the double benefit of helping keep the cap from unscrewing due to vibrations, it won't come loose until it rotates maybe half a turn. Coke bottles used to use just a rubbery gasket to make the seal. Things could have changed

I also bring stretch-wrap (saran wrap or similar cut into smaller rolls) to wrap around lids and things to keep them from vibrating open, now I wrap that around everything from hair spray to sun lotion to whatever else I can find that has a lid or cap...even electric razor to keep the switch from turning on.
The goal being not to seal leaks but to keep the lid or cap from moving as the luggage vibrates and pressure changes...zero leaks in a bunch of years
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:10 AM   #40
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I also bring stretch-wrap (saran wrap or similar cut into smaller rolls) to wrap around lids and things to keep them from vibrating open, now I wrap that around everything from hair spray to sun lotion to whatever else I can find that has a lid or cap...even electric razor to keep the switch from turning on.
The goal being not to seal leaks but to keep the lid or cap from moving as the luggage vibrates and pressure changes...zero leaks in a bunch of years
what a fantastic idea! I always take the batteries out of my electric tooth brush when I pack it, because it did turn on once and of course that triggers a search.

I'll try this next time!
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote