home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
jflatto
Grand Villa

Default Renting an ECV

Since it will have been 2 years since we have been to Disney, I wanted to get some recent recommendations on the best places to rent an EVC. We are staying the week around Christmas with the first part of our stay in VGF and the second part in BCV.

I typically get a GoGo Elite 3 wheeler (smaller scooter) than the "standard" size Victory or Pride scooters. Easier to maneuver, especially on and off buses.

Don't want to rent from Disney's approved vendor due to speed governor concerns. I have been happy with Gold Mobility in the past in making the personal pickup and drop off easy. Saying that, between impact of Covid on so many businesses and the fact it has been two years since we have gone, I just want to see if folks have some more recent recommendations. Thanks.

I would really like a speeder bike to "zip" through the parks and back to resorts. As for people who suddenly cut in front of me, I will have the blasters to express my displeasure. Unfortunately, I understand that they are difficult to find on Disney property. The ones they do have seem securely linked to the ground.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
Don't want to rent from Disney's approved vendor due to speed governor concerns. I have been happy with Gold Mobility in the past in making the personal pickup and drop off easy. Saying that, between impact of Covid on so many businesses and the fact it has been two years since we have gone, I just want to see if folks have some more recent recommendations. Thanks.
I was also hesitant to rent from Scooterbug because of the speed governor, but I did rent from them this past week, and I would use them again. There were very few times I was annoyed with the "slow" speed, but to be honest, most of the time, I actually had to turn the speed down. Park attendance was very light ( 1 and 2 according to Touring Plans), so I imagine that during December, it will be more difficult to go "fast". No blasters on the Scooterbug ECVs.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #3
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

I just called ScooterBug and booked a ECV over the phone, very easy process. They were out of 2 models so I had to go with the one they had. It was last minute so if there is a next time Iíll do better. They drop off at bell services and pick up there too. Seamless enough though last May we saw a scooter service, didnít notice which one, picking up a few times at individual buildings at OKW.

I donít anticipate a problem with the speed, if my family walks faster than it moves then we may have a problem. I will come back and report my experience.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Following. My knees and feet are getting to the point that I may need one at the parks going forward.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
Since it will have been 2 years since we have been to Disney, I wanted to get some recent recommendations on the best places to rent an EVC. We are staying the week around Christmas with the first part of our stay in VGF and the second part in BCV.

I typically get a GoGo Elite 3 wheeler (smaller scooter) than the "standard" size Victory or Pride scooters. Easier to maneuver, especially on and off buses.

I would really like a speeder bike to "zip" through the parks and back to resorts. As for people who suddenly cut in front of me, I will have the blasters to express my displeasure. Unfortunately, I understand that they are difficult to find on Disney property. The ones they do have seem securely linked to the ground.
I own a GoGo Elite scooter, and I agree that it's very easy to maneuver. I used to rent one from Gold Mobility, and never had any problems, but this last time they insisted that the batteries were changed by GoGo and the scooter wouldn't last as long, so they convinced me to try the next version up (no extra charge this time). Yes, it did have the captain's chair, more comfortable, but I felt like I had less visibility. However, the basket was bigger, so I didn't need the rear basket. It was fine for getting around on buses, in elevators, etc. Either one would work fine, IMO.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote