home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-02-2021, 11:05 PM   #1
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Default Shang Chi

OMG - it was freaking amazing-

Definitely see 4DX if available

Put Black Widow to shame
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:19 AM   #2
TewksFamily
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I so want to see it opening weekend but just canít see myself doing so at the theater wearing a mask especially since we have a great home theater. Now I just need to count down the 45 days til Disney plus access. Glad to hear itís amazing.
TewksFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:34 AM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Looking forward to it. Greatly enjoyed Black Widow (the actresses as much as the story, of courseÖ) so I wonít be comparing the two, but Iím sure it stands up on its own as just about all Marvel films do.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:42 AM   #4
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TewksFamily View Post
I so want to see it opening weekend but just canít see myself doing so at the theater wearing a mask especially since we have a great home theater. Now I just need to count down the 45 days til Disney plus access. Glad to hear itís amazing.
Yeah no home theater here, my entertainment funds always seem get spent at a amusement park somewhere. The last time I bought a tv was after the release Pandora for 3D. ( still works!) We almost never go to the movies even before Covid they usually arenít IMO worth the hefty price tag. I will say this though there was definitely a scene that could be a hell of a good attraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Looking forward to it. Greatly enjoyed Black Widow (the actresses as much as the story, of courseÖ) so I wonít be comparing the two, but Iím sure it stands up on its own as just about all Marvel films do.
Point taken - they are completely different films. It may have been the long wait for black widow but it was definitely not my favorite in the marvel universe.
My son is the Marvel nerd- while he has dragged me to see all the movies over the years- I just didnít expect how good this would be, for a causal fan that I had never expected them to go to that level with not so well known characters. The CGI & cinematography ( not sure if thatís the correct term ) was the best I have watched in a while.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We saw a preview recently when seeing Suicide Squad 2 (jus OK, BTW), and it really did look good.

Cheers.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We saw a preview recently when seeing Suicide Squad 2 (jus OK, BTW), and it really did look good.

Cheers.
I fell asleep on suicide squad 2!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #7
wiltony
One Bedroom

My wife and I saw it last night, too. We both really liked it also. She liked it so much, that right after it was over, she was on the movie theater app buying 3 more tickets to see it again today. I have to work, but she's literally *taking our kids out of school* to take them to see it this morning.

She likes to spoil our kids once in a while and let them have some special quality time with her. She's a good mom.
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #8
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TewksFamily View Post
Ditto. Might consider going to the earliest morning show on Monday in hopes we could have the theater to ourselves otherwise we'll wait until Mid-October.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:16 PM   #9
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Ditto. Might consider going to the earliest morning show on Monday in hopes we could have the theater to ourselves otherwise we'll wait until Mid-October.
Theatres I've gone to have been virtually empty. We tend to go to 6-6:45 types of shows. Also, we have food with us, so don't need masks while eating/drinking.

Cheers.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yep, fortunately aside from Disney Springs of course masks not required at theatres around here. However, for instances where that is indeed the case I’d for sure be nursing popcorn and a drink the whole time, or I just wouldn’t go.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote