home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #341
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I remember this! My first modem (also 300 baud) had an actual switch mounted on the side of the computer...I had to flip that switch when the other computer answered to start all the tones & stuff going. I later got an automatic one which was much easier!
Remember this too! It was like going from driving a stick shift to an automatic! Such luxury!!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #342
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

After the last year and a half..
I am absolutely ready for some reinvention..
Old 09-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #343
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
After the last year and a half..
I am absolutely ready for some reinvention..
Post of the Day.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:35 AM   #344
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Last edited by D C; 09-16-2021 at 09:36 AM. Reason: oops.... wrong parent company.... :)
D C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #345
FauntleroyDuck
Grand Villa

Best news ever!
FauntleroyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #346
vwl mom
Two Bedroom

Thank you!

Tricia

vwl mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:45 PM   #347
cornbread4
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
When I started, I had a 300 baud modem in which you put your phone (so it better have a standard phone shape). What a step up when I went to a 1,200 baud modem.

I remember being charged by the minute (Compuserve) so I would compose emails offline, pop online to send any messages and download any messages, lag back off and read the downloaded messages offline and compose responses off line for the next round.
And it would hang up if someone picked up another extension! So annoying.

I do remember thinking a 14.4 was so fast once I got one…
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #348
Boardwalk1998
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Talking You are a ROCK STAR!

So happy to hear about the upcoming MouseOwners 2.0!
Thank you so much for taking on this task and I'm excited to see the updated version.

Disney Shareholder since 1992

Disney Visa Cardholder since DAY 1
Boardwalk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #349
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Default !)

Inquiry/temperature check? How are we doing?

There were lots of comments, early on when the MO site was scheduled to shut down, about how uninvolved most of us were. I know I've been trying really hard to post whenever a thought (that doesn't bore even me) occurs to me...but I do think some of my posts (no judgement at all on anyone else's, except to say that I enjoy reading what other Disney owners/fans have to say) are only marginally useful and perhaps not all that interesting.

So...how are we doing, collectively? Is participation increasing and if so, are the more numerous posts interesting to people?

I will continue to be as "aware" as I can be of the benefit of posting rather than letting topics go...but if most of us would prefer fewer posts of a general "me, too" type nature, I'd like to know that, too...currently, I find myself posting "me, too" type comments because I have this impression that more frequent posts are "better"...

So, would love it if "the MO powers that be" (Kim? Eric? Dirk? Tom? Robin?) could let us know if we're doing better (or not)...THANKS...Dani
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #350
M2JRA
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
Inquiry/temperature check? How are we doing?

There were lots of comments, early on when the MO site was scheduled to shut down, about how uninvolved most of us were. I know I've been trying really hard to post whenever a thought (that doesn't bore even me) occurs to me...but I do think some of my posts (no judgement at all on anyone else's, except to say that I enjoy reading what other Disney owners/fans have to say) are only marginally useful and perhaps not all that interesting.

So...how are we doing, collectively? Is participation increasing and if so, are the more numerous posts interesting to people?

I will continue to be as "aware" as I can be of the benefit of posting rather than letting topics go...but if most of us would prefer fewer posts of a general "me, too" type nature, I'd like to know that, too...currently, I find myself posting "me, too" type comments because I have this impression that more frequent posts are "better"...

So, would love it if "the MO powers that be" (Kim? Eric? Dirk? Tom? Robin?) could let us know if we're doing better (or not)...THANKS...Dani
Gosh it's like you typed the words right out of my head! I've been thinking the exact same thing! I have been more disciplined about logging and have tried to post a bit, but honestly I never seem to have anything much to add to the conversation, just posting to say hello or support what others have already said. And I absolutely don't mind doing this! Except that I cringe slightly that MOs are reading my comments thinking, "well what was the point of her posting that!?"
M2JRA is offline   Reply With Quote