home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #21
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Oooh I like!

I never realized the NBA experience was there. I heard about it and promptly forgot it existed. Ooops.
You’re not the only one. It might be the worst build out they’ve made in the last 10 years?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:52 AM   #22
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Ha....That was me in my old house. I bought a basketball hoop and set it along the curb, facing the street. I would go out and shoot the ball by myself. Sometimes, the girl that lived across the street would come out and shoot with me. Not sure if i every saw my kids play/shoot at the basketball hoop. Its been years since I have played and just shoot around a hoop.

I always thought that the NBA experience was a bad idea. It was too narrow of a concept, for such a large venue. Plus, I felt that it never quite fit in the Disney Springs area.
Which executive green lit that thing anyways?

Hell. Another indoor putt putt place would’ve been a much better idea. Those things are gold mines.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #23
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post

Hell. Another indoor putt putt place would’ve been a much better idea. Those things are gold mines.
Ooohhh!
I like that idea there could be multiple courses of 9 holes with different theming.
Great rainy day activity or adults after 9 pm events, if DS is open to midnight.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:00 AM   #24
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

I didn't mind the NBA Experience although it held no interest for me. The aspect of Disney Springs that I enjoy over Downtown Disney is being able to avoid the Disney-centric shopping via the bridges and walkways. I do like that the Springs offers variety.
Old 08-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #25
PSULion22
Grand Villa

My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:07 PM   #26
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:

My guess is Adam Silver paid a ridiculous amount of money to get the NBA exposure, especially after Universal shuttered the restaurant there. The viability of the place may not have even been a concern, they just wanted frontage to get eyeballs, especially from Asian visitors (the NBA is pushing hard in China).
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #27
grayandry
Grand Villa

We took our boys right after it opened up. They are HUGE basketball fans, and they LOVED it. That’s too bad. It was hardly open.

Last edited by grayandry; 08-17-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #28
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Ooohhh!
I like that idea there could be multiple courses of 9 holes with different theming.
Great rainy day activity or adults after 9 pm events, if DS is open to midnight.
Top Golf?
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:17 PM   #29
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
I had been to all three carnations of the NYC Jekyll and Hyde Club (original in Greenwich Village, Uptown, and Times Square and it was definitely a fun time!)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:18 PM   #30
chrisvee
One Bedroom

another Disney thing I never visited and now have missed lol
chrisvee is online now   Reply With Quote