home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #371
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Ok - I'm going to jump to my second question, as that might clear some of this up for me.

We have 1 trip I will absolutely take this next UY. We have 3 others that will only be taken if AP's are launched by August. I need to borrow to make the 4th and final reservation, but would lose those points if I have to cancel. If I can apply the borrowed points to the 1 certain trip, however, I could significantly lower the number of points 'at risk.'

So, in short - if I were to borrow points to make a reservation, could I call MS and have them apply the newly borrowed points to an existing reservation while applying current UY points to the new one?

Only if the reservation is available I think. If I were you I'd borrow the points first on the same contract or contracts you are using for the definite reservation. Then go and modify the reservation. It will probably use the borrowed points. I was able to rebook some reservations that I had existing and have it chew up points that hadn't been banked yet as of the time we initially booked.

Now if you are trying to use up banked points and place borrowed points, this can get very tricky.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #372
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Now if you are trying to use up banked points and place borrowed points, this can get very tricky.
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. In the ideal scenario, it would look like this:
-Trip 1 - 2021 UY Points
-Trip 2 (the definite trip) - 2020 banked points and 2022 borrowed points
-Trip 3 - 2021 UY Points
-Trip 4 - 2021 UY Points

I'm assuming that the current trip 2 is booked with 2020 banked and 2021 current (as that was the first reservation I made), but I haven't yet been able to confirm that.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #373
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. In the ideal scenario, it would look like this:
-Trip 1 - 2021 UY Points
-Trip 2 (the definite trip) - 2020 banked points and 2022 borrowed points
-Trip 3 - 2021 UY Points
-Trip 4 - 2021 UY Points

I'm assuming that the current trip 2 is booked with 2020 banked and 2021 current (as that was the first reservation I made), but I haven't yet been able to confirm that.
Ok, gotcha. I agree it's likely that trip 2 has your banked points unless you used a number of contracts at once, or you banked the points AFTER you booked it.

So in that case there are a few different orders of what to do here, but all depends on what you already have booked and what you think is likely available.

But in just about all of them, the next step is to borrow however many points you think you need to borrow, and then "modify" trip #2. You need those borrowed points applying to that reservation, and anything else you book before that modification will suck up those points. Anything already on the books shouldn't be affected until or unless you modify it.

And should this not work for some reason, you still have a long time to figure out what to do with any extra you borrowed.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #374
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Ok, gotcha. I agree it's likely that trip 2 has your banked points unless you used a number of contracts at once, or you banked the points AFTER you booked it.

So in that case there are a few different orders of what to do here, but all depends on what you already have booked and what you think is likely available.

But in just about all of them, the next step is to borrow however many points you think you need to borrow, and then "modify" trip #2. You need those borrowed points applying to that reservation, and anything else you book before that modification will suck up those points. Anything already on the books shouldn't be affected until or unless you modify it.

And should this not work for some reason, you still have a long time to figure out what to do with any extra you borrowed.
Thanks - this is helpful and makes sense. Trip 2 was booked first, and after I had banked, so that has driven my assumption that those points were used. The idea that the newly borrowed points will override usage in modifying trip 2 helps me get where I need to go.

Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #375
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks - this is helpful and makes sense. Trip 2 was booked first, and after I had banked, so that has driven my assumption that those points were used. The idea that the newly borrowed points will override usage in modifying trip 2 helps me get where I need to go.

Thanks again.
No problem. I hope it works out.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:07 PM   #376
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Quote:
They'll only move the points for you if there are days currently available, so it's normally easier to just book yourself at 7 months and then cancel the other reservation. If the rooms aren't available then switching the points around would be circumventing the 11 month owner window. Definitely worth grabbing up what you can as of now though since you have time to figure it out
That makes sense - wasn't really thinking of it in that context. Thanks so much!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #377
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Here is the list of restaurants utilizing mobile ordering

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...mobile-orders/

Sanaa is not on the list.
Sanaa has lunch and dinner listed for orders-to-go under "order food" right now in the app on my phone, I understand this isn't what OP was asking. But if I was there instead of Minnesota, I could be ordering the bread service right now
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #378
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
Hi friends, can someone confirm that we can have access to a resort if we have placed a Mobile Food order?

Staying at OKW for a night next month but want the salad from SSR...it seems security has been so tight since Covid.

TIA!
I assume you are talking about driving in...we were there last week and rolled into a few different resorts on the busses and no one is asking you anything as you get off the bus. Of course, from OKW that would be inconvenient, taking a bus to Disney Springs and then a bus to SSR but I suppose you could walk into SSR from Springs.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #379
ajc
Grand Villa

Has anyone been having trouble logging onto MDE?
I keep getting a loop to sign in for 10 days now but I finally accessed it through an incognito window.

Last edited by ajc; 03-30-2021 at 10:27 AM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #380
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Has anyone been having trouble logging onto MDE?
I keep getting a loop to sign in for 10 days now but I finally accessed it through an incognito window.
I've had issues when it tries to log out of an inactive session. Happens just about every day. Closing out of browser is required every time I have a timeout, which is annoying with other tabs open.

If you're able to clear cookies for just that site it should take care of it.