home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 02:43 PM   #871
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy12502 View Post
We've eaten there before and the kids enjoyed it, but thank you! Lol. Yes, I tried 6. I'll just keep looking.
Try the reservation finder on Touringplans as well. Itís a useful tool.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #872
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Well now, I never said I was smartÖ My hairdresser uses the GK hair system. I do the keratin treatment once a year. Iíve been doing this since 2017, when I noticed that my unruly, curly hair was becoming really dry from all of the washing, and more frizzy than normal. None of the curly products on the market seemed to help. They either made my hair crunchy or felt sticky. Yuck. I asked about keratin as a means to control the frizz. I never envisioned straight hair.

My hair before keratinÖ

My hair afterÖ

I use very little product, including hairspray on my hair now. I only have to wash it 2-3 times per week vs every day, and I can let it dry naturally and use a straightening iron to spot smooth, or I can blow dry and do nothing else. So, the once a year chemicals donít really bother me too much.
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the info - I have an appointment set with my stylist next month AFTER my next Disney trip - I didn't want to spoil results when I'm flying down the waterslide and swimming at the RIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
I have the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer Hot Air Brush. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length. Medium body (not thin, but not thick either). I have a natural wave to my hair, so I like to blow it out straight. When I get out of the shower I put my hair in a hair towel while I'm doing the rest of my morning routine, which helps get some of the moisture out. Once I start actually drying my hair, it is about 10 minutes. But at the end of that I'm done. My hair is styled to my liking.

The only negative I have found is that I get really hot when using it. I normally would get dressed and then dry my hair, but the first few times I used this, I got sweaty. So now I just don't get dressed until after I'm done drying my hair.
See, that's me - I get too hot and impatient, but will check this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Kerrijo - I have the Hot Tools brush.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...+tools+&sr=8-3

ermindy!!!!! Wow!! You are right Ö the Keratin is a real game changer. I had no idea how big the results are with that treatment. Your hair looks great!

My hair is wavy when it dries naturally and the dryer brush or occasional flat iron are enough to tame it.
Thanks, will check this out, too!
2021 ~ SSR, BCV, SSR, PVB, POP, SSR, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #873
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Default Advice Needed

We are currently at SSR in a two bedroom and are supposed to move to a 1 bedroom on Friday for 2 nights. I want to stay in this villa for the whole time, the 14 points it will cost is totally worth it to me that we donít have to move.

Would it be better to go to the front desk and request this, itís available online, or should I contact MS but would still have to trek up to the front desk to link the new reservation. Really donít want to call MS because I read an article about 4 hour waits on hold yesterday.
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #874
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
We are currently at SSR in a two bedroom and are supposed to move to a 1 bedroom on Friday for 2 nights. I want to stay in this villa for the whole time, the 14 points it will cost is totally worth it to me that we donít have to move.

Would it be better to go to the front desk and request this, itís available online, or should I contact MS but would still have to trek up to the front desk to link the new reservation. Really donít want to call MS because I read an article about 4 hour waits on hold yesterday.
I will need to go up to the front desk and speak with the manager. I have done this in the past to lock in the room. Calling MS is a pain at best.