home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-21-2021, 12:58 AM   #1791
mustinjourney
Grand Villa
 
mustinjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Vaccinated people are getting is less and getting hospitalized less. The more that vaccinate the less that spread. This is how all vaccines work.

This is why we have breakthrough cases of measles for example. Low vaccination means more chance to spread. So vaccinated will get sick too. Happened with smallpox too

If a vaccinated person is less likely to catch it and thus less likely to spread, then cases go down. This is seriously like vaccines 101.

We are bound to certain terms with vaccines and purchases last I knew. So we cannot just give away all.

I do agree we need to vaccinate globally and both science and ethics are showing the general population should not do boosters until we make sure globally we vaccinate all. We 100% need to work globally. But if you have kids unprotected too it's no better than ignoring the globe.
From what I’m hearing lately, the data you are probably referencing is pre-august (which is largely pre-delta).

The latest numbers from Miami county said 60% of patients getting monoclonal antibodies were double vaxxed.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:00 AM   #1792
mustinjourney
Grand Villa
 
mustinjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,669
Default

Random thoughts.


For the last 15 months we have been preached to about equity.

Shouldn’t America be sharing vaccines with the worlds most vulnerable people before even considering doing boosters and vaccines for children?

I mean. Aren’t we worried about saving lives? And stopping spread? If that is that goal, then stopping covid in third world countries should also be a priority.

And at our border. Surely we should not let people come into our country without forcing to be vaccinated.


Oh wait. We don’t require that.


What about our congressmen and women? They are critical. Shouldn’t they have to be forced to be vaccinated to ensure our government survives?

Oh wait. They aren’t included in the federal mandates.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:21 AM   #1793
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 16,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
From what I’m hearing lately, the data you are probably referencing is pre-august (which is largely pre-delta).

The latest numbers from Miami county said 60% of patients getting monoclonal antibodies were double vaxxed.
Vaccinated people - delta included - are less likely to catch it than unvaccinated. Concerns on transmissibility and low vaccination rates caused measures to be reinstated
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid

My friend who was hugely high risk caught covid, got the monoclonal treatments and still vaxxed (mRNA don't know which). She's like super human I guess now. Not the way I'd want it personally as her very ill mother was at home. She did asymptomatic test positive after only just getting her 2nd dose so at least it didn't kill her.... which was good as we had just lost a loving couple in that circle week before. The monoclonal treatments did keep my friend out of a full hospital stay at least.

I'm 100% cool with using certain things like that as proof too. There are infusions and such that are being trialed as well that also are meant to be in lieu of vaccines. Again good using that.

Just covid alone is great for at least a while. We're still trying to figure out how long. I know my school has the conservative 90 days on covid positive not quaratntining which is better than nothing.

I'm all about looking at data which is why I won't comment on kids side effects yet. I have not read or had responses from others yet in the medical world on that data.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #1794
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 16,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
Random thoughts.


For the last 15 months we have been preached to about equity.

Shouldn’t America be sharing vaccines with the worlds most vulnerable people before even considering doing boosters and vaccines for children?

I mean. Aren’t we worried about saving lives? And stopping spread? If that is that goal, then stopping covid in third world countries should also be a priority.

And at our border. Surely we should not let people come into our country without forcing to be vaccinated.


Oh wait. We don’t require that.


What about our congressmen and women? They are critical. Shouldn’t they have to be forced to be vaccinated to ensure our government survives?

Oh wait. They aren’t included in the federal mandates.
We actually are forcing covid for those coming to the country legally. Even illegals are being rounded up and vaccinated as best as they can.

This is why we cannot share https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...es-in-need/amp

It disgusts me in a way we cannot.

People pretend to preach about Equity and DEI stuff but a lot do it to make themselves look good. I do it to protect at risk and my own family too. Not everyone is sincere in their efforts.
__________________

Last edited by helenabear; 09-21-2021 at 11:11 AM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #1795
mustinjourney
Grand Villa
 
mustinjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We actually are forcing covid for those coming to the country. Even illegals are being rounded up and vaccinated

This is why we cannot share https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...es-in-need/amp

It disgusts me in a way we cannot.

People pretend to preach about Equity and DEI stuff but a lot do it to make themselves look good. I do it to protect at risk and my own family too. Not everyone is sincere in their efforts.
Not sure where you’re getting your info, but the press secretary said they aren’t forcing the migrants to get the shot.


https://nypost.com/2021/09/10/biden-...covid-vaccine/

“ WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday confirmed that the government isn’t requiring COVID-19 vaccines for people who illegally cross the US-Mexico border — despite President Biden’s new vaccine mandates for about two-thirds of US workers.

“That’s correct,” Psaki told Fox News reporter Peter Doocy at her daily press briefing.


Psaki gave the curt reply when Doocy asked, “It is a requirement for people at a business with more than 100 people. It is not a requirement for migrants at the southern border. Why?”

She did not elaborate.”
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #1796
Sephorin
Grand Villa
 
Sephorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
What about our congressmen and women? They are critical. Shouldn’t they have to be forced to be vaccinated to ensure our government survives?

Oh wait. They aren’t included in the federal mandates.
Congress and the white house are exempt from the workplace related laws they pass. They also don't have to follow OSHA rules.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #1797
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 16,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
Not sure where you’re getting your info, but the press secretary said they aren’t forcing the migrants to get the shot.


https://nypost.com/2021/09/10/biden-...covid-vaccine/

“ WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday confirmed that the government isn’t requiring COVID-19 vaccines for people who illegally cross the US-Mexico border — despite President Biden’s new vaccine mandates for about two-thirds of US workers.

“That’s correct,” Psaki told Fox News reporter Peter Doocy at her daily press briefing.


Psaki gave the curt reply when Doocy asked, “It is a requirement for people at a business with more than 100 people. It is not a requirement for migrants at the southern border. Why?”

She did not elaborate.”
I see why you got that from what i said and focused on mandating illegals. I worded poorly and will edit to reflect. I was on mu phone in my carwaiting for rain to die down and was lazy. My apologies.

It's on the list for those who migrate legally and after Oct 1st one must be fully vaccinated.
https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alert...mination%20and

For illegals they are trying to get them to it and recommend it to all refugees. This is what I'm referring to with them trying https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ice-ram...-have-refused/

Anecdotally I know no illegals unvaccinated.

For legal migrants covid vaccine is required. For illegals they are trying. Hope that clears it up.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #1798
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 21,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
Just remember, your party isn’t always the one in control. If the other guy was in power and mandating vaccines, would that change your perspective?
Absolutely not. I have principles I believe in. The party I choose is based on their embrace of these principles and the "other guys'" disdain for many of the same principles, not the other way around. But, if the "other guys" were in control and happened to advocate for something I believed in, I'd be pleasantly surprised and happy at the same time.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #1799
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 21,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Why?
Have you needed to prove vaccination status that much?
My employer asked for it. Pita to do a photo upload of my card from home, so I did the "pinky swear" attestation where I entered the dates of the jabs. I'll need my card for an upcoming cruise.
Yes. Every venue I've entered. Every restaurant or indoor establishment in New York. Work is optional, but advantageous.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #1800
OldHalfElf
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 253
Default Meanwhile, elsewhere in Mickey's domain....

Today's market drop in DIS stock is blamed on the delta variant:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disne...193533824.html

It is somewhat obscure how delta is more of a problem for Disney+ than for the parks (including Disney IT vis-a-vis Genie+, etc.)


Last edited by OldHalfElf; 09-21-2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo
OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software