home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 12:58 AM   #1791
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Vaccinated people are getting is less and getting hospitalized less. The more that vaccinate the less that spread. This is how all vaccines work.

This is why we have breakthrough cases of measles for example. Low vaccination means more chance to spread. So vaccinated will get sick too. Happened with smallpox too

If a vaccinated person is less likely to catch it and thus less likely to spread, then cases go down. This is seriously like vaccines 101.

We are bound to certain terms with vaccines and purchases last I knew. So we cannot just give away all.

I do agree we need to vaccinate globally and both science and ethics are showing the general population should not do boosters until we make sure globally we vaccinate all. We 100% need to work globally. But if you have kids unprotected too it's no better than ignoring the globe.
From what I’m hearing lately, the data you are probably referencing is pre-august (which is largely pre-delta).

The latest numbers from Miami county said 60% of patients getting monoclonal antibodies were double vaxxed.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #1792
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Random thoughts.

For the last 15 months we have been preached to about equity.

Shouldnít America be sharing vaccines with the worlds most vulnerable people before even considering doing boosters and vaccines for children?

I mean. Arenít we worried about saving lives? And stopping spread? If that is that goal, then stopping covid in third world countries should also be a priority.

And at our border. Surely we should not let people come into our country without forcing to be vaccinated.

Oh wait. We donít require that.

What about our congressmen and women? They are critical. Shouldnít they have to be forced to be vaccinated to ensure our government survives?

Oh wait. They arenít included in the federal mandates.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #1793
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
From what Iím hearing lately, the data you are probably referencing is pre-august (which is largely pre-delta).

The latest numbers from Miami county said 60% of patients getting monoclonal antibodies were double vaxxed.
Vaccinated people - delta included - are less likely to catch it than unvaccinated. Concerns on transmissibility and low vaccination rates caused measures to be reinstated
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid

My friend who was hugely high risk caught covid, got the monoclonal treatments and still vaxxed (mRNA don't know which). She's like super human I guess now. Not the way I'd want it personally as her very ill mother was at home. She did asymptomatic test positive after only just getting her 2nd dose so at least it didn't kill her.... which was good as we had just lost a loving couple in that circle week before. The monoclonal treatments did keep my friend out of a full hospital stay at least.

I'm 100% cool with using certain things like that as proof too. There are infusions and such that are being trialed as well that also are meant to be in lieu of vaccines. Again good using that.

Just covid alone is great for at least a while. We're still trying to figure out how long. I know my school has the conservative 90 days on covid positive not quaratntining which is better than nothing.

I'm all about looking at data which is why I won't comment on kids side effects yet. I have not read or had responses from others yet in the medical world on that data.
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #1794
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
Random thoughts.

For the last 15 months we have been preached to about equity.

Shouldnít America be sharing vaccines with the worlds most vulnerable people before even considering doing boosters and vaccines for children?

I mean. Arenít we worried about saving lives? And stopping spread? If that is that goal, then stopping covid in third world countries should also be a priority.

And at our border. Surely we should not let people come into our country without forcing to be vaccinated.

Oh wait. We donít require that.

What about our congressmen and women? They are critical. Shouldnít they have to be forced to be vaccinated to ensure our government survives?

Oh wait. They arenít included in the federal mandates.
We actually are forcing covid for those coming to the country. Even illegals are being rounded up and vaccinated

This is why we cannot share https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.van...es-in-need/amp

It disgusts me in a way we cannot.

People pretend to preach about Equity and DEI stuff but a lot do it to make themselves look good. I do it to protect at risk and my own family too. Not everyone is sincere in their efforts.