home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-19-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Default Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes

I called Member Services twelve days ago to upgrade my existing (unused) park passes to Sorcerer Passes for my family. They told me someone would call me within two weeks to take my money. I got a call back today, and got everything squared away. A couple of points:

1. They do not accept gift cards as payment for this.

2. Park reservations that were on the original park tickets DO carry over to the new annual passes.

3. Annual passes must still be activated at Guest Services.

4. The annual passes do not "begin" until they are used to enter a park for the first time. That is, they still last for one year from the day you first enter a park with them.

I'm very glad to finally get this taken care of! Now I am not limited to going to the parks for only ten days on our December trip!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Default First Reply to My Own Thread

Oops. I just realized that I would normally walk to Guest Services outside Magic Kingdom to activate my annual pass, but I foolishly decided to start my next stay at Boardwalk. Is there any way to activate at International Gateway, or will I need to take a bus to Magic Kingdom (or Springs) to activate?
Old 09-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
I called Member Services twelve days ago to upgrade my existing (unused) park passes to Sorcerer Passes for my family. They told me someone would call me within two weeks to take my money. I got a call back today, and got everything squared away. A couple of points:

1. They do not accept gift cards as payment for this.

2. Park reservations that were on the original park tickets DO carry over to the new annual passes.

3. Annual passes must still be activated at Guest Services.

4. The annual passes do not "begin" until they are used to enter a park for the first time. That is, they still last for one year from the day you first enter a park with them.

I'm very glad to finally get this taken care of! Now I am not limited to going to the parks for only ten days on our December trip!
Called 2 days ago to upgrade DS ticket to AP. I was told there system for taking gift cards was down for 48hrs. DS was able to use a gift card to pay in person at guest services yesterday.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #4
Doug Disney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Oops. I just realized that I would normally walk to Guest Services outside Magic Kingdom to activate my annual pass, but I foolishly decided to start my next stay at Boardwalk. Is there any way to activate at International Gateway, or will I need to take a bus to Magic Kingdom (or Springs) to activate?
Iíve read you can activate at the IG.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I prefer to do it there as it's not usually super busy. In the past any window there could help with activation. It did not have to be the GS window.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #6
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
We've activated our APs at the IG in the past.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #7
Laxmom
Grand Villa

Good to know!
Laxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:01 PM   #8
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
Iíve read you can activate at the IG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
We've activated our APs at the IG in the past.
Great! Thank you, both. I haven't been there for about two years. Is there something like a ticketing window outside of the International Gateway? I'm trying to remember.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Great! Thank you, both. I haven't been there for about two years. Is there something like a ticketing window outside of the International Gateway? I'm trying to remember.
There are actually TWO booths. IIRC the one on the left is Customer Relations but they will sell you APs and maybe other tickets, while the one on the right is a standard ticket booth.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:54 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
There are actually TWO booths. IIRC the one on the left is Customer Relations but they will sell you APs and maybe other tickets, while the one on the right is a standard ticket booth.
Yep! Left is GS and right was always ticketing. But right side (ticketing) can do AP activations without issue for me in the past. Neither is usually very busy.