home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Default Disney shirts!

(Okay not sure what forum to put this in, hopefully I got close enough)

I know I'm not the only one who goes to Disney and looks for shirts and sweatshirts, but leaves disgusted at the lack of what I consider "adult merchandise," by which I mean "grown up" as opposed to "for kids." I don't always want a cute Mickey shirt that says the year on it, for instance. And even though every time I go through the store at the end of the Nemo attraction I have this feeling that I'm going to find a shirt with a small, subtle, dignified "SeaBase Alpha" logo on it....well, it never happens. And I just heard some grumbling about lack of female sizes and cuts, etc.

Enter the web. I'm trying to make this not sound like an advertisement, because it's not, I don't have any affiliation with this place other than I've bought three shirts from them now and they are all shirts I SHOULD have been able to get at Disney, especially in this era of Disney Springs stores like the Co-op and Tren-D. But if you were to direct your browser to TeePublic and search for, say, "Epcot", you would find a never ending list of cool shirts, some good some bad, some subtle some not, but some with "deep dive" references that can be alot of fun, and some are just shirts that Disney should have sold, if they weren't aiming for some sort of "1 million units sold" target. And every design can be put on a number of different types of shirts, including sweatshirts. Sadly to me they don't have anything like golf shirts, or tank tops.

The shirts are all by different "artists", like I could be on there (which I'm not, just saying as an example). And they must be operating in some sort of grey-area, legally, because these shirt designs clearly show Disney IP and people are profiting from it and Disney isn't getting any of it. Unless maybe they are, who knows.

Anyways, just wanted to spread the news of a source for the Disney shirts alot of us might have wanted, just couldn't get, in case anyone hadn't heard of it. I've been feeling a little more and more let down by Disney merchandise every year lately. (not that my shelves aren't littered with cool tidbits you do occasionally find)
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Redbubble is another alternative for people who don’t want Disney’s “one size really should fit you all” market. And they offer tank tops…
Old 09-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
And they offer tank tops…
Wellllllllllllll
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Totally agree with both of these recommendations. I have found awesome Star Wars shirts at both TeePublic and Redbubble. I think it's TeePublic that will have you measure, and then base the size you order on that, which was So very helpful (had to go up a size though....) AND they have ladies cut. Tee Public fit the best out of all the places I've ordered from, but both offer great variety and styles.
Glad y'all mentioned these. I need some new Harry Potter shirts, and I"m always on the lookout for new SW shirts, so will get to looking asap. We just have a few weeks until our trip.

I've done some custom shirts at Disneystore.com, but I haven't always been pleased w fit or fabric. They did offer a good variety, so you could get matching shirts for all members of the family. but just too hit or miss. (We did family shirts based on Star wars Rebels, that was fun. We each chose a different character. The latest Mandalorian shirts I ordered, arrived 2 hours after we'd left....but we weren't thrilled w the fit of those,)
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

The shirts we ordered from Etsy were all Bella Canvas. Very soft and comfy. I tried to message the seller prior to placing my order to see if they were responsive to questions, and how quickly they responded. It was still hit or miss, honestly.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:27 AM   #6
cali09
Two Bedroom

I've heard good things about TeePublic. And that they have decent specials/sales from time to time.

Going to check out Redbubble...

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #7
tigerjen99
One Bedroom

I also like Main Street Bella.

Upcoming Trips:
January 2022 (Copper Creek Villas)
tigerjen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #8
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
I've heard good things about TeePublic. And that they have decent specials/sales from time to time.

Going to check out Redbubble...
I just got a shirt from TeePublic: "I Love Castmembers". Very nice fabric. I will post a photo later if I get a chance.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote