home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #41
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSVinNJ View Post
I have read several posts of cases of white card members being able to purchase the Sorcerer's Pass. Some have even posted that this is a new change by DVC. I know that hasn't been the case in the past and would be shocked if it is now. They might've just gotten lucky and it might be a case of YMMV. Anyone know if there's any truth to it? We are blue card members so this doesn't apply to us but I have a couple of friends who would definitely be interested if this is truly a new policy.
I haven't read anywhere that says "eligible" DVC members can buy the Sorcerer's Pass. It just says DVC Members.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:18 PM   #42
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I haven't read anywhere that says "eligible" DVC members can buy the Sorcerer's Pass. It just says DVC Members.
If you are logged in there is this wording on the AP page:

Important Information about Membership Extras:

To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits.

Wish I could link but the U.K. site hasn’t been updated with AP info yet. Guess they know they don’t have to worry about us yet.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #43
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
If you are logged in there is this wording on the AP page:

Important Information about Membership Extras:

To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits.

Wish I could link but the U.K. site hasnít been updated with AP info yet. Guess they know they donít have to worry about us yet.
Thanks. Wishful thinking I guess.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #44
lephelps
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Thanks. Wishful thinking I guess.
I've read reports elsewhere that white card members have been able to purchase the Sorcerer Pass in person from CMs at WDW but calls/chats to MS confirmed that only members who qualify for Membership Extras (blue card) can purchase the passes. So, for the moment there is a bit of a disconnect between the parks and DVC though it seems the web site purchase option may be working as intended, at least now it is?

For some who apparently have been able to purchase the pass vouchers via phone (or even the web site, if there was some early glitch) w/o a blue card, the question/concern is what happens when they arrive at the park and do not have a blue card to show w/ their ID to activate the voucher? That will likely end up being an all around unpleasant situation depending on what the parks CMs do at that point.

So, if you're at WDW or going very soon, you may have an opportunity to purchase the DVC AP regardless of which card you "carry."
'02, '03, '05, '07, '12, '17 - OKW (renters)
'22 Feb & Jun/Jul - OKW (owners, yay!)
DLR
'05, '14 - DLH
'18 - VGC (renters)

lephelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #45
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lephelps View Post
I've read reports elsewhere that white card members have been able to purchase the Sorcerer Pass in person from CMs at WDW but calls/chats to MS confirmed that only members who qualify for Membership Extras (blue card) can purchase the passes. So, for the moment there is a bit of a disconnect between the parks and DVC though it seems the web site purchase option may be working as intended, at least now it is?

For some who apparently have been able to purchase the pass vouchers via phone (or even the web site, if there was some early glitch) w/o a blue card, the question/concern is what happens when they arrive at the park and do not have a blue card to show w/ their ID to activate the voucher? That will likely end up being an all around unpleasant situation depending on what the parks CMs do at that point.

So, if you're at WDW or going very soon, you may have an opportunity to purchase the DVC AP regardless of which card you "carry."
Considering this page is empty and no DVC discounts maybe they will get lucky.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...n-annual-pass/
Old 09-11-2021, 10:08 AM   #46
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lephelps View Post

If I remember correctly, there was a ďglitchĒ after the 2016 restrictions, and some ineligible members were allowed to purchase the gold pass. When they tried to activate, it wouldnít work. I believe they were given the option to upgrade to the more expensive pass, or have the gold AP price applied toward a multi-day ticket. But itís been a while, and I wonít swear thatís how it was resolved.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #47
Nickys
Grand Villa

The people who have reported being able to purchase the Sorceress Pass with a white card all have apparently bought them at the parks. So they wonít need to activate those APs.

If it is a glitch or a CM error, I guess they got lucky.

I havenít heard of anyone being able to purchase one over the phone with a white card yet. I do know people who were told they were not eligible.

For the moment I still think this was a case of CMs not understanding the rules, rather than a glitch as such.

Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote