home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 08-18-2021, 02:04 AM   #31
PSULion22
Grand Villa
 
PSULion22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 3,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I had been to all three carnations of the NYC Jekyll and Hyde Club (original in Greenwich Village, Uptown, and Times Square and it was definitely a fun time!)
That actually makes me think of an add on. The Greenwich Village location is smaller, more of a pub (the Slaughtered Lamb Pub). Disney could make this villain themed restaurant, which would still be family friendly, I’d think. But then also build an adult bar and lounge on the side, like they do at so many other locations.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #32
Suz333
Two Bedroom
 
Suz333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 586
Default

I like the idea of a villains themed Adventurer’s club. I was thinking maybe they could bring back the comedy warehouse. Or maybe a multi-use space that was the comedy warehouse in the evening and something else during the day? Maybe a low-admission kids dance club? Clearly, I haven’t thought this through… I just want the comedy shows back!
Suz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #33
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado
 
Eeyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,774
Default

All markings have been removed from the building.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #34
parlay
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
Love this idea!!! I would definitely go. I also would support a new Disney Quest. My family Loved DQ!!
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #35
babysimba
Grand Villa
 
babysimba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
Oh my! We went to the Jekyll and Hyde restaurant years ago, if this is the same place you are talking about. It was fun. Our 2 year old was terrorized but we enjoyed it.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #36
babysimba
Grand Villa
 
babysimba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,070
Default

[quote=ermindy1133;1714471]A Haunted Mansion themed escape room could be fun for families…[/QUOTE

Now that would be fun! I would even love a Haunted Mansion mystery dinner venue. Are Mystery Dinners still a thing? We used to go years ago and if done correctly, with the right actors and at the right venue, they are a blast!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #37
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 1,748
Default Nba

It cost $34 for 13 interactive experiences. No wonder it failed.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:20 AM   #38
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado
 
bakerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 5,726
Default

What was in the NBA Experience venue prior to the gaming?
__________________
Janet & Dan
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #39
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
What was in the NBA Experience venue prior to the gaming?
From what I can find, DisneyQuest was the first "tenant" of that space.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:58 AM   #40
PSULion22
Grand Villa
 
PSULion22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 3,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Oh my! We went to the Jekyll and Hyde restaurant years ago, if this is the same place you are talking about. It was fun. Our 2 year old was terrorized but we enjoyed it.
I bet it was the same. I'm not sure when you went, because it moved locations in the mid-2010's, but when I went in the early 2000's it was midtown (57th-ish). It moved to Times Square some time around 2012. It was a 3 or 4 story restaurant that was open in the middle and would do different shows, like Frankenstein's monster coming alive, every 10-15 minutes. There were actor's that would roam around interacting with diners, either at their table or through an animatronic decor piece.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software