home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2021, 02:04 AM   #31
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I had been to all three carnations of the NYC Jekyll and Hyde Club (original in Greenwich Village, Uptown, and Times Square and it was definitely a fun time!)
That actually makes me think of an add on. The Greenwich Village location is smaller, more of a pub (the Slaughtered Lamb Pub). Disney could make this villain themed restaurant, which would still be family friendly, I’d think. But then also build an adult bar and lounge on the side, like they do at so many other locations.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #32
Suz333
Two Bedroom

I like the idea of a villains themed Adventurer’s club. I was thinking maybe they could bring back the comedy warehouse. Or maybe a multi-use space that was the comedy warehouse in the evening and something else during the day? Maybe a low-admission kids dance club? Clearly, I haven’t thought this through… I just want the comedy shows back!
Suz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #33
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

All markings have been removed from the building.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #34
parlay
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
Love this idea!!! I would definitely go. I also would support a new Disney Quest. My family Loved DQ!!
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #35
babysimba
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
My idea for this space would a Villain themed version of the Adventurer's Club. In NYC there's a place called the Jekyll and Hyde club. It's a monster/macabre themed restaurant that has several levels each themed to something different (library, mad scientist lab, etc). There are secret rooms (the bathroom is behind a bookcase). There's a big stage in the middle that does a show. And all the different themed rooms have show elements, like a talking suit of armor, that interact with guests. Disney could do a villain version of this - different rooms to different villains, a huge show element like Maleficent's dragon or Oogie Boogie's wheel, themed food and merchandise. If they really poured their show into this like they do on the cruise ships or the Galactic Starcruiser or even Be Our Guest, I think it would be something incredible.
Oh my! We went to the Jekyll and Hyde restaurant years ago, if this is the same place you are talking about. It was fun. Our 2 year old was terrorized but we enjoyed it.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #36
babysimba
Grand Villa

[quote=ermindy1133;1714471]A Haunted Mansion themed escape room could be fun for families…[/QUOTE

Now that would be fun! I would even love a Haunted Mansion mystery dinner venue. Are Mystery Dinners still a thing? We used to go years ago and if done correctly, with the right actors and at the right venue, they are a blast!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #37
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Nba

It cost $34 for 13 interactive experiences. No wonder it failed.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:20 AM   #38
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

What was in the NBA Experience venue prior to the gaming?
Old 08-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #39
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
What was in the NBA Experience venue prior to the gaming?
From what I can find, DisneyQuest was the first "tenant" of that space.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:58 AM   #40
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Oh my! We went to the Jekyll and Hyde restaurant years ago, if this is the same place you are talking about. It was fun. Our 2 year old was terrorized but we enjoyed it.
I bet it was the same. I'm not sure when you went, because it moved locations in the mid-2010's, but when I went in the early 2000's it was midtown (57th-ish). It moved to Times Square some time around 2012. It was a 3 or 4 story restaurant that was open in the middle and would do different shows, like Frankenstein's monster coming alive, every 10-15 minutes. There were actor's that would roam around interacting with diners, either at their table or through an animatronic decor piece.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote