home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Non-Disney Accommodations in Orlando
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Default Friend wants our Westgate timeshare... questions!

Hi all! Before becoming DVC members, we purchased a red week at Westgate in the early 1990s. We enjoyed many vacations there, and now good friends of ours said they would like to own it since we don't use it much after joining DVC. I have told them about the downsides, and they have seen the yearly maintenance bills, but they really still want it. We are happy to gift it to them, since they understand what it entails. (No cash is being exchanged)

Does anyone have any advice? A title service they recommend? Any input is helpful.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #2
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Westgate

Give it to them as soon as possible. I would call Westgate for the paperwork and maybe you can do it yourself.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
disneyjlp
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Deed

TRCS is efficient and cost is reasonable.

photo
Karina Ottinger
Closing Agent/Owner

TRCS, Inc.

(321)248-3822 | karina@trcsinc.com

www.trcsinc.com

4417 13th St. #480, St. Cloud FL 34769
disneyjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:26 PM   #4
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
Give it to them as soon as possible. I would call Westgate for the paperwork and maybe you can do it yourself.
Yes- I will call on Monday! We have been discussing it for over a year. But it is time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjlp View Post
TRCS is efficient and cost is reasonable.

photo
Karina Ottinger
Closing Agent/Owner

TRCS, Inc.

(321)248-3822 | karina@trcsinc.com

www.trcsinc.com

4417 13th St. #480, St. Cloud FL 34769
Thanks very much!
Old 08-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #5
ajc
Grand Villa

My friend owns at Westgate since 2010 and she bought a foreclosed 2 BDRM TS unit with a grandfathered contract for $9000 as an every other year stay with maintenance fees of $350 every year or $700 every other year(?).
I didn't know EOY TS were a thing.
Some owners will default if they don't need it (it may reflect on credit score) or if no heirs in the case of a owner's death.
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:37 AM   #6
Presley
Grand Villa

Before you do the transfer, one or both of you may want to check if the resale restrictions apply to transfers. The resale restrictions with Westgate are severe. If transfers hold the same benefits of buying direct, it's a nice gift! If not, they might be locked into a 60 day booking window and like with every other timeshare on the planet, booking within 60 days is difficult.
Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:16 PM   #7
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley View Post
Before you do the transfer, one or both of you may want to check if the resale restrictions apply to transfers. The resale restrictions with Westgate are severe. If transfers hold the same benefits of buying direct, it's a nice gift! If not, they might be locked into a 60 day booking window and like with every other timeshare on the planet, booking within 60 days is difficult.
I agree with this! Maybe, if they are willing to, rent them the week they want at the cost of the maintenance fees if the resale restrictions are in effect.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote