home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 04:30 AM   #1
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Default OKW here we come!

It's 4 a.m. on Sunday, 9/12...I'm ready (an hour early) to head to the airport where I will board a plane to MCO...should be at OKW (for a full week) by around noon...so can't wait!

This trip is the replacement trip for the May trip I had to cancel 5 days before departure due to my dog's emergency surgery (dog is now fine, thankfully)...of course, the May trip points were in holding, so I grabbed what I could to use them...wound up with enough points and availability to book myself a studio, and a studio for some friends--one of whom is a Disney first-timer...feeling so lucky.

Was just at WDW (BLT) 3 weeks ago, but I'm as excited as if it had been months (it's pretty much never more than months) since I was last there...

It's been a rough 3 weeks on the work front (my job involves reporting on what Congress is doing on the big "social infrastructure" bill they're working on)...and there will be far more work than I'd want this upcoming week, too...but I almost always work at Disney (if I couldn't, I couldn't go), so that's ok...it'll interfere some, but not all that much...Frequently, I can do what I do at 4 in the morning, or late at night so will still have plenty of time to enjoy Disney...

I have two reservations to ride Ratatouille--one as an AP person on Thursday; the other as a DVCer on Friday--get to bring my friends on Friday's ride. First time I've ever gotten to take advantage of "member extra perks"--

We'll do all the parks. have dining reservations at Sanaa, Yachtsman's, California Grill, Raglan Road (and a few others, too)...I get to OKW hours ahead of my friends and my plan is stop at Olivia's for some buttermilk fried chicken first thing...then Epcot and pool time (if new info from the Congressional committees isn't yet out--we expect it either later today or tomorrow...hope it comes today; it's less disruptive to plans at Disney if I can report on the new proposals today rather than tomorrow)...

Still haven't learned how to post pictures ((thanks, ERMINDY, for offering to walk me through how to do it--haven't had time over the past three weeks, but do plan to take you up on your offer when life calms down some), so this will be another "picture-less" TR...and w/Cong'l activity in overdrive, I'll have time constraints. But I'll do my best to update each day for those who want to follow along.

I see from other TRs that ERMINDY and her besties will be there (at BRV) while I'm there...I guess it's unlikely that we'll run into each other (or recognize each other if we do), but I'm hoping for "an accidental meeting" -- maybe at Epcot on DVC Ratatouille preview day? (Our preview time is 11-noon)...

Life is good when you're only an hour away from leaving for Disney!!!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Looking forward to tagging along. Wait! If Iím ďtagging along,Ē this means I actually left at 4am today? Our preview is on the 20th. Boo Bash (Sanderson Sisters) on the 17th. But if you happen to see us? Please give us a shout! Iím excited to see that so many of us will be there for overlapping trips! And most importantly, have an amazing time!!!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
JudieHopps
Grand Villa

Following along!

Safe travels and have a great trip!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
Raspus
Grand Villa

We love OKW. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. Donít work to hard and have a great trip.
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
pereed11
Studio

I hope you enjoy your trip! I have only stayed at OKW once (that was back in the late 90's) so I think it's time to give it another try. From what I hear it is one of the best laid back places to stay. The more I get to Disney, the more I like the idea of "laid back" at the resort as the resort time is becoming some of my favorite times while on Disney property!

Have a great time!
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Just love OKW too, in fact we seriously wanted to switch resorts next week but I canít take the chance of not getting a first floor villa right now.

Looking forward to following along to see how your newbie guests fare. Also fascinated in your job, how cool is that?
Old 09-12-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereed11 View Post
I have only stayed at OKW once (that was back in the late 90's) so I think it's time to give it another try. From what I hear it is one of the best laid back places to stay. The more I get to Disney, the more I like the idea of "laid back" at the resort as the resort time is becoming some of my favorite times while on Disney property!
We always go to OKW, we spend way more time at the resort than at the parks...it's a true vacation the way we roll. Good relaxation vibes!
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #8
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereed11 View Post
From what I hear it is one of the best laid back places to stay.
Nothing like getting off the bus in your own little neighborhood after a long day in the parks.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:33 PM   #9
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Looking forward to tagging along. Wait! If Iím ďtagging along,Ē this means I actually left at 4am today? Our preview is on the 20th. Boo Bash (Sanderson Sisters) on the 17th. But if you happen to see us? Please give us a shout! Iím excited to see that so many of us will be there for overlapping trips! And most importantly, have an amazing time!!!
You actually do leave pretty soon don't you?
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:55 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
You actually do leave pretty soon don't you?
We leave on Wednesday. Just arrive at the movie theater to see Labyrinth with my baby sis! I get movie popcorn AND Disney popcorn, all in the same week!