home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Downsizing DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-31-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
TeacherGrandma
Studio

Question DVC email offering to purchase my points

I just received a strange email from DVC about noticing that I haven’t been using my points blah, blah, blah (Covid still keeping me away), and that they would be interested in purchasing my ownership interest at 10% above what they would currently pay for exercising ROFR.

I do have tentative trips booked early December, late January, and April. All of my points are at AKL.

It’s got my radar up for sure, wondering what their angle is. They’re up to something…

What do you all think?
TeacherGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:43 PM   #2
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Default So this was unexpected - DVC Offer to Buy Back Points

I just received this email from DVC. By coincidence, I am planning to sell my AKV points, but I wasn’t expecting them to suggest it!

Anyone received this before and is it worth pursuing?

Message received:

Dear Member Family,

We recently noticed that you haven’t been utilizing your Disney Vacation Club Resort. It is always our goal to ensure that you are getting the most out of your Membership so that you and your family can enjoy magical vacations year after year.

We understand that now may not be the right time for you and your family to travel. Or perhaps you were saving up for that extra special vacation. Don’t forget that you can bank points from your current use year to give you even greater flexibility for future vacations.

However, if your family has decided that your Disney Vacation Club Resort isn’t the right fit for you right now, we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you if you are interested in selling back your ownership interest at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

While we never want to see a Member leave, we understand that sometimes circumstances change. If this is the case for you and your family, please contact us at 800-782-6767 to speak with a Quality Assurance Cast Member. Business hours are 9am-6pm EST, 7-days a week.

Additionally, for a limited time, you may be eligible for a 10% increase over the price per point that Disney Vacation Club would currently offer when choosing to exercise its options to reacquire an ownership interest.*

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club

*This offer may be withdrawn at any time and prices are subject to change without prior notice.

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 09-01-2021 at 08:33 AM.
mountainjourno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Interesting. I've never seen that here before. Now they're into mind reading

Would be interesting to see what their offer is.

Cheers.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #4
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Interesting. I've never seen that here before. Now they're into mind reading

Would be interesting to see what their offer is.

Cheers.
It really is bizarre! No mention of my SSR or BCV points though, so I wonder if they’re in need of AKV!

Old 08-31-2021, 06:47 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjourno View Post
I just received this email from DVC. By coincidence, I am planning to sell my AKV points, but I wasn’t expecting them to suggest it!

Anyone received this before and is it worth pursuing?

Message received:

Dear Member Family,

We recently noticed that you haven’t been utilizing your Disney Vacation Club Resort. It is always our goal to ensure that you are getting the most out of your Membership so that you and your family can enjoy magical vacations year after year.

We understand that now may not be the right time for you and your family to travel. Or perhaps you were saving up for that extra special vacation. Don’t forget that you can bank points from your current use year to give you even greater flexibility for future vacations.

However, if your family has decided that your Disney Vacation Club Resort isn’t the right fit for you right now, we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you if you are interested in selling back your ownership interest at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

While we never want to see a Member leave, we understand that sometimes circumstances change. If this is the case for you and your family, please contact us at 800-782-6767 to speak with a Quality Assurance Cast Member. Business hours are 9am-6pm EST, 7-days a week.

Additionally, for a limited time, you may be eligible for a 10% increase over the price per point that Disney Vacation Club would currently offer when choosing to exercise its options to reacquire an ownership interest.*

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club

*This offer may be withdrawn at any time and prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Not to me, but there are reports they've been doing this for OKW recently too. Strange that they went from never buy back to offers. I read about $80-90/point for OKW.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Odd! But probably worth a conversation, even if just for the entertainment value…
Old 08-31-2021, 07:08 PM   #7
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Odd! But probably worth a conversation, even if just for the entertainment value…
I will for sure, and will report back!

Old 08-31-2021, 08:36 PM   #8
WhiteCrane
Studio

Did 2020 create low inventory? Or do they want to buy low and sell high, permanently as a new business model?
Old 08-31-2021, 06:59 PM   #9
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Wow- I have NEVER heard of DVC doing this before! I would call just to see what they are offering, if you were considering selling anyway.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #10
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

They must have buyers.