home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Default We booked the Italy/Switzerland ABD yesterday..and they cancelled us...

Knocking on wood, we'll fly to Milan on September 7th.

I'm going with just my oldest daughter Heather. We're doing on pre-night stay before we start our tour.

I am SO excited and really hope this trip actually happens!

Last edited by tammymacb; 09-01-2021 at 11:12 AM.
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:37 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Very very cool! Really hope it happens for the two of you.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very very cool! Really hope it happens for the two of you.
Me too! Thanks, Brian. I really need to not be disappointed for a change.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:07 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Fingers crossed.....
Old 01-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #5
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Really cool, let us know how it goes, if it goes (fingers, toes and anything else that crosses crossed).

We’re in some what of the same boat, booked a London to Paris ABD for October. We just had our May Paris/Germany May trip canceled so were really hoping the world is back open this year.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
Really cool, let us know how it goes, if it goes (fingers, toes and anything else that crosses crossed).

We’re in some what of the same boat, booked a London to Paris ABD for October. We just had our May Paris/Germany May trip canceled so were really hoping the world is back open this year.
My personal opinion is not to plan for international travel this year. There is so much uncertainty of when restrictions will be lifted. I do think that during the course of the year, restrictions will slowly be rolled back.

We have a trip planned to Atlantis, in July. The Bahamas is open, but you need proof of negative covid testing coming and leaving the island. It seems to me that European Countries will adopt similar requirements, plus maybe proof of vaccination.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Tammy you've inspired me to look and I sent my youngest a link. This might be a great adventure.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:51 PM   #8
tammymacb
Add-on Aficionado

Hey all, sorry, I've been working... as usual.

I think if the EU can get their vaccination program in gear, we'll be good to go. (I'm vaccinated and my daughter is in group 1B - considered a grocer). The final answer with the vaccines is not preventing covid, but preventing severe infections and death. Covid 19 will probably never go away. So, with a good vaccination set up, we would absolutely be able to visit this fall.

But, if it doesn't happen, we did book the air through ABD so the entire trip would be refundable so there's no gamble involved except on my broken heart if it doesn't happen.

BTW, recent studies are showing the in vaccinated people, covid may still be present in the nose. So, it is possible for some to spread covid to others. However A- if others are also vaccinated, it's no big deal and B- I've had covid and most studies are showing that I won't catch nor will I give anyone covid at this point.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #9
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammymacb View Post
Hey all, sorry, I've been working... as usual.

I think if the EU can get their vaccination program in gear, we'll be good to go. (I'm vaccinated and my daughter is in group 1B - considered a grocer). The final answer with the vaccines is not preventing covid, but preventing severe infections and death. Covid 19 will probably never go away. So, with a good vaccination set up, we would absolutely be able to visit this fall.

But, if it doesn't happen, we did book the air through ABD so the entire trip would be refundable so there's no gamble involved except on my broken heart if it doesn't happen.

BTW, recent studies are showing the in vaccinated people, covid may still be present in the nose. So, it is possible for some to spread covid to others. However A- if others are also vaccinated, it's no big deal and B- I've had covid and most studies are showing that I won't catch nor will I give anyone covid at this point.
COVID-19 or not, I’m not a fan of the adult only trip. I have a 15 year old who is by no means a “child”! And these exclusive trips bug me to no end!!!

But besides that I truly hope that your trip will include an excursion to Grindelwald and Jungfrau “Top of the World”! It’s an amazing trip our family did a few years ago. DH has traveled to Switzerland for many year for work before we were able to travel there as a family. It was an amazing trip!

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
COVID-19 or not, I’m not a fan of the adult only trip. I have a 15 year old who is by no means a “child”! And these exclusive trips bug me to no end!!!
Sorry, not sure I understand. I can see that you want to spend time on trips with your kid, but why does it "bug you to no end" that there are trips for adults that don't want kids along, no matter how mature their parents may think they are? We don't have kids, and I would prefer trips that don't have kids on them if that's available.

Cheers.