home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #21
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It's not completely uncommon to have the boats arriving at almost the same time or to see one arriving when the other is loading. I'd wait for the one heading directly over in that case. The captains will be able to answer which way they are going to offer some advice.

She would have to be mobile to get into the smaller resort launches. If the larger boat were not operating to MK - and we've been there when it hasn't been, then to ride the monorail, instead of busing to Epcot there's also a short bus ride from WL/BRV/CCV to MK. Then you could start on one of the MK monorail loops and transfer to the Epcot one, do that loop and then back to transfer to MK to get to the bus and back to CCV.

For something else - they also operate a bus over to FW that drops off at the Settlement if you want to go tool around there or eat at Trails End. You can visit the Draft horse barns as well as checking out the rest of the Settlement. They also have Hoop de Doo if you want a dinner and night time show that was easy to get to from CCV.
That's a good idea to see the draft horses and have a bite over there. I will consider Hoop de Doo. I did that a long time ago and it was fun. She might like that. Thanks!

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It's not completely uncommon to have the boats arriving at almost the same time or to see one arriving when the other is loading. I'd wait for the one heading directly over in that case. The captains will be able to answer which way they are going to offer some advice..
We didn't experience it, so maybe it's hit or miss with them that way. Like we could see the one boat going to/from Ft. Wilderness/Contemporary when we were loading. But yeah, ask the captains. They know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
That's a good idea to see the draft horses and have a bite over there. I will consider Hoop de Doo. I did that a long time ago and it was fun. She might like that. Thanks!
There is also a physical path between the two. Assuming you all are fine, it's good for an ECV to go on. We walked that a few times and it was quite nice.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #23
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
It's beyond security but not inside the park. I tend to be standing and only getting to look down at trees during the monorail ride, so I have no opinion on which route has a better view. As many times as I've ridden those thing you'd think I'd have some better awareness by now
When you go from the TTC to Epcot, you look round the back of Spaceship Earth so you can see FW. And you can see World Showcase from a distance. Then you come into the station. For a first glimpse of Epcot on each trip I still get excited on the monorail “fly past” of FW!

If you get on at Epcot, you miss all that.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #24
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
When you go from the TTC to Epcot, you look round the back of Spaceship Earth so you can see FW. And you can see World Showcase from a distance. Then you come into the station. For a first glimpse of Epcot on each trip I still get excited on the monorail “fly past” of FW!

If you get on at Epcot, you miss all that.
Yes, I like the flyover of FW too on the monorail! If we started at Epcot we would go all the way around and back to TTC. lol

BLT
BWV
CCV
Old 01-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #25
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We didn't experience it, so maybe it's hit or miss with them that way. Like we could see the one boat going to/from Ft. Wilderness/Contemporary when we were loading. But yeah, ask the captains. They know best.

There is also a physical path between the two. Assuming you all are fine, it's good for an ECV to go on. We walked that a few times and it was quite nice.
We might do the walk. She loves driving that ECV. Security caught her speeding in the hallway at AKL. She said, "whoops!" and he shook his finger at her.

BLT
BWV
CCV
Old 01-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #26
cw62803
Two Bedroom

Less than 10 minutes, and you can sit down - a rare luxury when spending the day in MK.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote