home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Photography and Technology
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2016, 05:52 PM   #11
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Do they all have iPhones? If so, you could set up a shared album in Photos. That's the way my family & I share photos. Anyone subscribed can choose to get notifications if they want. You can also invite other subscribers to post pictures the album as well.
Unfortunately not all have iPhones but that sounds like a great concept!

2016 Post Stroke Trip Report

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - Dixie Landings; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - Dixie Landings;
2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - Pop; 2007 - Pop/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - Pop/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/Pop; 2018 - POR

2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR; 2016 - Pop/SSR/AKV
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #12
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Apple does have a very good sharing mechanism through it's Photos app and iCloud. Not everybody has to have an iPhone for it to work, I believe, as they should be able to go online, but that requires registrations and such, I believe.

Google is probably the best option for seamlessness, followed by Flickr. I haven't used either much, but Google does seem to be pretty good at the photo thing.

The nice thing about Flickr is that it becomes easy to link to insert those photos here. I'm not sure how easy it is through Flickr (and I believe it's not possible through iCloud).

I hate Phobotbucket. For any serious photograph collector/organizer, it just doesn't seem to do it's thing as well as others.

I personally use SmugMug, but it's a pay service and not the easiest to upload to from smartphones. Flickr and Google are probably better that way.

Dirk
Old 10-17-2016, 10:37 PM   #13
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Apple does have a very good sharing mechanism through it's Photos app and iCloud. Not everybody has to have an iPhone for it to work, I believe, as they should be able to go online, but that requires registrations and such, I believe.

Google is probably the best option for seamlessness, followed by Flickr. I haven't used either much, but Google does seem to be pretty good at the photo thing.

The nice thing about Flickr is that it becomes easy to link to insert those photos here. I'm not sure how easy it is through Flickr (and I believe it's not possible through iCloud).

I hate Phobotbucket. For any serious photograph collector/organizer, it just doesn't seem to do it's thing as well as others.

I personally use SmugMug, but it's a pay service and not the easiest to upload to from smartphones. Flickr and Google are probably better that way.

Dirk
Just going through my threads in preparation for our trip next week. Not sure how I missed this post Dirk, sorry about that. Thanks for the advice.

I uploaded Google Photos to store my photos and decided to make a 2nd Instagram account and only invited a few family/friends that are interested in seeing our daily activities.

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - Dixie Landings; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - Dixie Landings;
2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - Pop; 2007 - Pop/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - Pop/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/Pop; 2018 - POR

2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR; 2016 - Pop/SSR/AKV
Old 11-21-2016, 06:12 PM   #14
Wolfie
Grand Villa

Dropbox.

Share a folder. Send the url to everyone you want to see (text the link to yourself so you will have it if you need it while on vacation). Install the DB app on your phone. You can easily upload select photos to the dropbox folder you shared.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #15
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Dropbox.

Share a folder. Send the url to everyone you want to see (text the link to yourself so you will have it if you need it while on vacation). Install the DB app on your phone. You can easily upload select photos to the dropbox folder you shared.

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #16
roryaethetic
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Just use Google photos to filter out the recipients or customize the privacy of album on Facebook. It won't work on Instagram, not unless you have a private account and has no unnecessary followers.
roryaethetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Adding a question to this thread. I don't FB. My adult children and son's GF are coming with us to Disney in three weeks. Someone suggested using Google photos for sharing our trip pictures. If I understood correctly, the kids could also add their own photos to our albums. That would be great! However, I want to post some of the photos here when I get home, and I think another thread mentioned that there is no way to size your photos on Google before posting them.
I ultimately want a group album that we can all save photos to and share. I would like for select friends/family back home to be able to view them as well. And I want to be able to post them on MO. Is this possible? Any advice? TIA!