home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #11
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Have a great time!
mikayla73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Have a wonderful trip!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #13
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

She already mentioned Cracker Barrel for lunch. Talk about a time sucker. Gah!

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #14
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Safe Travels and have a great trip

We loved HHI.

Enjoy your trip.

+ Following

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #15
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Arrival day...May 15

So I told the gang to be ready to head out at 9am. I was up at 7am, rewatching The Terror from last night since I fell asleep while watching the first go 'round. Everyone else got up at 8am. We were loaded and on the road at 9. And the GPS said we'd arrive around 2:30, so 5.5 hours drive time. We arrived at 3:25. We ht a couple traffic spots and drove in and out of rain most of the day. We stopped at a Zaxbys for a quick lunch and then stopped for gas about 45 minutes from HHI.

When we arrived our room was not quite ready and their system temporarily went down. So, after a quick visit with Shadow, we drove over to Kroger and grabbed some groceries and by the time we came back our room was ready. And a good one it is...building 13 and first floor (requested for my mom who is about to have knee replacement). We have a great view of the marsh and we can park in the garage.

The DDs and I unloaded and we unpacked and chilled a little while. My mom noticed the TV said Happy Birthday to her (on the DHHIR channel). We freshened up and walked over to Scott's and sat on the patio to have a nice dinner while listening to music. After that we walked back and DD-1 and my mom went back to the room while DD-2 and I went to play cornhole. We made a bet and she won...boo. I owe her a pair of shorts she really wants. Not sure why I thought I could beat a pitcher at cornhole.

After that we also walked back to the room and took some pics on the balcony and got ready for bed. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. My app says 12pm onward but DD-2 and my mom are saying 12pm to 4pm is clear but rain before and after. Hmmmm ...we shall see. Plan is to be ready to head to beach at 11:30ish. I brought a bunch of games so it may be a Scrabble/Dominoes day.

Pics from today...

LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV

Last edited by Lamima; 05-16-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #16
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like a good start to me... Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:28 AM   #17
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Excellent start!
Fingers crossed you wake up to no rain. Of course scrabble and dominoes sounds fun too!
The birthday wishes on the TV is so cool. Very nice touch!
I assume that was a request?
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #18
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So...no rain today (not until 8:30pm tonight).

The Happy Birthday message on the TV...didn't request but told them we were celebrating a birthday.

May 16...

I woke around 7:50 and snuck out to the Kroger real quick to get my mom a balloon, flowers and a cake. Came back and she was just waking up. DDs woke up around 10:30. They said they were up late killing mosquitoes in the room. They are sleeping in the master, sharing the king bed. My mom and I are in the second bedroom with our own queen beds. They have a balcony door off the master and we were out there last night taking those photos so maybe we let the bugs in.

We had breakfast and got ready for the beach. We arrived around 11:30 and the sun was still shining. We lugged our gear out to the beach and stayed until 3ish. I went up to the food counter and bought chicken strips and fries to share (discovered that my room card does not work for charging even though they took my CC to set that up. Luckily I brought my CC as well). I also packed grapes and pretzels. We all nibbled on the beach.

The life guard didn't allow people in the water when we first arrived. And, by the end, my mom and I sat our chairs at the edge and just relaxed. So we didn't really get in the water. The water is not too cold but right before we left there were fins swimming along and everyone got out of the water to watch. It didn't do the normal up and down like dolphins. Looked more ominous. But they were probably dolphins. There was also a helicopter going back and forth. And a beach service girl (not sure if life guard...the one that sits under umbrella on sand and not up in lifeguard chair) down the way had also called folks to come out of the water. Made me a tad uneasy.

After we packed up, we went up to counter at pool and grabbed drinks right at 3pm as they were closing. We drove back to the resort and got showered up for dinner at Poseidon. Parking at beach house and at the resort is not bad right now. We always find spots under the garage at both locations. Anyway, for dinner we sat on the patio and had a nice meal. There were some disappointments...both at Scotts last night and Poseidon tonight. Mostly service issues. Just not all that great. FYI, they have early bird specials at Poseidon from 4-5:30 but you have to ask for the menu for those.

My DDs and I got a bit sunburned. My mom just got back from a Caribbean cruise so she had a base tan. But us pale ladies applied and reapplied the sunblock but still got red in patchy spots. Tomorrow, if the rain holds off, we plan to go to pool (not sure which) and set up there so we don't have to drag gear down to the beach. If we do the beach house, we can still venture down to the beach. I am going to have to cover up though.

After dinner, we browsed the shops over there and then headed back. DDs and I played Scrabble while watching Survivor. Then, around 8:30, a storm hit and the satellite TV was out for about 15 minutes. After the game, we sang happy birthday and had cake. Now everyone is off to their rooms and all is quiet. The storm only lasted about 20 minutes.

Also, for the fellas (or ladies)...there is a beer/wine bar at the Kroger grocery store where you can wait for your SO to grocery shop....

LAURA's next trip(s):
Old 05-17-2018, 02:34 AM   #19
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Happy Birthday to your mother!

Great pictures! Thanks again for sharing.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #20
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Fun following along.
Great photos!

Freaky about the “fins” in the water! Yup, the beach view is just fine!
Hopefully they squashed all the mosquitoes!

Happy Birthday to your mom!
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote