home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #431
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBean14 View Post
Question for those who have been to Aulani. What off-site dining is available?
In Ko Olina, there are several options.
Nearby in Kapolei, there are many more options.
Outside Ko Olina, you will need to head to town for the good stuff.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #432
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBean14 View Post
Question for those who have been to Aulani. What off-site dining is available?
There's not too much within walking distance. Monkey Pod is across the road. Next to it I think there's an ABC store that has some grab and go type stuff. Also some sort of taco place over there too. There's some restaurants in the other hotels near by also. There's also Roy's at the golf club across the street, but we drove over there when we went.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #433
MelMass
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Stupid Question about room change

We have done multiple split stays without any issues.
This fall, we have a DVC rental and one night paid by cash at the same resort.
What are the in and outs for room changes for this situation? Will we have to leave our luggage at bell services on the day of the room change? Should we "remind" the check in desk about our situation?
I guess I'm secretly hoping we will be able to stay in the same room for our stay, but I'm 100% sure that won't happen ��
MelMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #434
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMass View Post
What are the in and outs for room changes for this situation? Will we have to leave our luggage at bell services on the day of the room change? Should we "remind" the check in desk about our situation?
I guess I'm secretly hoping we will be able to stay in the same room for our stay, but I'm 100% sure that won't happen ��
It has been our experience that if we were staying at the same resort in the same type of accommodation, then the two reservations will be linked and you will not have to change rooms. My suggestion would be to call Member Services and request the reservation be linked. You may have to check out and back in at the front desk without physically moving, but that is another thing I would check with Member Services. Good luck and have a great time!
Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #435
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite4 View Post
It has been our experience that if we were staying at the same resort in the same type of accommodation, then the two reservations will be linked and you will not have to change rooms. My suggestion would be to call Member Services and request the reservation be linked. You may have to check out and back in at the front desk without physically moving, but that is another thing I would check with Member Services. Good luck and have a great time!
We just did this in April. Stayed in a Savanna View room at Jambo first night on cash and next two nights on points. Because it was the same room category, we did not physically change rooms. MS linked the reservation for me and then I visited with the front desk staff when we arrived just to be safe. It was very easy. Enjoy your stay!
Old 05-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #436
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
If it's a DVC room booked on cash then likely the same room, but if you booked a CRO room from the hotel without a kitchenette then you'll end up moving. When you booked did the room type say "Villa" at the end?
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #437
MelMass
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Stupid room question

Thank you everyone!
My stupid question was answered
MelMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #438
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
I'll give an answer to balance out the others.

We've done this twice, both at BLT. Points stay followed by a DVC cash discounted rate stay. Both times we had a 1 bed, lake view room for both parts of the stay.

The first time we did have to move, but the second room was way bigger with a totally different layout. Never been in another room like that? The second time we didn't have to move, and they were able to tell us that when we first checked in.

So I would make sure you go to the front desk when you arrive, even if you've done online check-in. Ask if you will be able to stay in the same room, and cross your fingers! Hope it works out in your favour.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #439
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Is it possible to waitlist a particular class of room? For example, if there is availability in a BWV Pool/Garden Studio for a particular date, but not a BWV Standard Studio, can I waitlist the standard version even though there is availability in another room class?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #440
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Is it possible to waitlist a particular class of room? For example, if there is availability in a BWV Pool/Garden Studio for a particular date, but not a BWV Standard Studio, can I waitlist the standard version even though there is availability in another room class?
Definitely. I've done it at BWV. Full disclosure: it never came through and I was so glad I had booked the higher category (Pool/Garden) as a backup.
I wanted 2 nights and actually wait listed 1 night and 1 night (wanted 2 nights) and still no luck.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote