home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #51
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Nobody gets in from of me at parades and fireworks. I box out like Charles Barkley in his prime.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #52
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
My favorite is the guest who strolls down MS 10 minutes before the parade and than stands on the street as I'm on the curb, slowly backing into me. I absolutely do not move.

What the guest doesn't know is that I've usually struck up a conversation with a CM monitoring the area so they know me and where I am. Instead of telling the guest to step onto the curb (thus pushing me further), they shoo the guest away. Received many stink-eyes, but I don't care. I line up early, you don't block my way.

Dirk
you go guy, such a badass!

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 05-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #53
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
Kinda like the drivers who dead-stop to let cars in from side-streets while the traffic in motion obviously has the right-of-way. Why does the person in front of me get to decide how many more places I get pushed back?? And now the traffic light is red while they all made it through...
You never see people allowing "cutters" at a store's check-out line, or at a concert entrance, or the FastPass line...
If traffic is at a stop, I will let someone in just as it starts up, when things are still slow. But definitely not in free-flowing traffic. I agree.

Quote:
Rules, people. Obey the Rules!!! ...whether you think there's a reason for them or not (because the reason doesn't need to be explained to you).
I agree. It doesn't need to be explained to me. I can figure it out for myself. And then decide whether to follow or not. On my own.

Quote:
Counterpoint: those who break the rules are finding the loopholes which then get closed.
Exactly. Loopholes should be exploited until closed...and then no whining allowed!

Cheers.