home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
grayandry
Grand Villa
 
grayandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,525
Default Someone Got Fired or is Getting Fired

Yesterday, we were at EPCOT. We finished all of our FPs around 1:00, so we decided to see if we could get a FP over at AK for Expedition Everest. When I went on the app, it said that there were FPs available for Flight of Passage for the entire evening. We quickly grabbed one and headed over.

We went to do a few other things before going on our 3:00 flight. When we got to the queue, the FP line was backed up outside the cave (which we had never seen before). While we waited I decided to look for another Expedition Everest FP. Lo and behold, there were STILL FPs available for Flight of Passage for the entire evening. We could have booked another one right after the one we were using. However, about 5 minutes later the message had changed that all FPs were gone.

My family and I decided that either someone in IT was going to be fired later that day, or maybe someone had already been let go, and this was their way of “sticking it” to Disney.

Either way, a bunch of people scored yesterday (and a whole lot of people in the stand by line were pissed because their wait DRAMATICALLY increased).
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
rcbarker
Studio
 
rcbarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 113
Default

This is a nearly daily occurrence. There are specific times in the day when Disney drops FOP fastpasses into the system. We've been following this on our podcast. The drop times were pretty consistent at 10:37 and 3:37p for months, but now they've become less consistent. There seem to be more frequent drops during the day lately, but lesser amounts in each drop.

- Ryan

Co-host of the Backside of Magic Podcast
rcbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
Yesterday, we were at EPCOT. We finished all of our FPs around 1:00, so we decided to see if we could get a FP over at AK for Expedition Everest. When I went on the app, it said that there were FPs available for Flight of Passage for the entire evening. We quickly grabbed one and headed over.

We went to do a few other things before going on our 3:00 flight. When we got to the queue, the FP line was backed up outside the cave (which we had never seen before). While we waited I decided to look for another Expedition Everest FP. Lo and behold, there were STILL FPs available for Flight of Passage for the entire evening. We could have booked another one right after the one we were using. However, about 5 minutes later the message had changed that all FPs were gone.

My family and I decided that either someone in IT was going to be fired later that day, or maybe someone had already been let go, and this was their way of “sticking it” to Disney.

Either way, a bunch of people scored yesterday (and a whole lot of people in the stand by line were pissed because their wait DRAMATICALLY increased).
Wow! So how long did you wait in the long FP lane?
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
Laura D
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 489
Default

This morning, I was able to make all fast passes for our upcoming trip--at 61 days out. I was just playing around on MDE and it showed that I was able to schedule; I thought I had just miscounted the days. Then I went to do online checkin, and couldn't because I'm 61 days out.

Am I going to lose all the fast passes I so frantically made this morning?
Laura D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
noreen99
One Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbarker View Post
This is a nearly daily occurrence. There are specific times in the day when Disney drops FOP fastpasses into the system. We've been following this on our podcast. The drop times were pretty consistent at 10:37 and 3:37p for months, but now they've become less consistent. There seem to be more frequent drops during the day lately, but lesser amounts in each drop.

- Ryan

Co-host of the Backside of Magic Podcast
When you say fast pass drops- are they adding most rides - I figured there was no way to get both avatar rides done in a day- are they dropping navi too?

Last edited by noreen99; 11-29-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Under caffeinated
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
noreen99
One Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 448
Default Apologies for the double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbarker View Post
This is a nearly daily occurrence. There are specific times in the day when Disney drops FOP fastpasses into the system. We've been following this on our podcast. The drop times were pretty consistent at 10:37 and 3:37p for months, but now they've become less consistent. There seem to be more frequent drops during the day lately, but lesser amounts in each drop.

- Ryan

Co-host of the Backside of Magic Podcast
When you say fast pass drops- are they adding most rides rides - I figured there was no way to get both avatar rides done in a day- are they dropping navi too?

Exactly why I don’t do podcasts I can’t even post on here without messing it up.
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #7
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura D View Post
This morning, I was able to make all fast passes for our upcoming trip--at 61 days out. I was just playing around on MDE and it showed that I was able to schedule; I thought I had just miscounted the days. Then I went to do online checkin, and couldn't because I'm 61 days out.

Am I going to lose all the fast passes I so frantically made this morning?
Not likely to lose them. There have been internet reports of some people getting to make fps a day early.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #8
bobbafett
Grand Villa
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,486
Exclamation

Sorry. I'm just not getting the title of this post.
No one got fired. Or getting.
But I recall something like this happening on another ride a while ago.
It's just a.glitch.

Also. I have only seen the line all the way outside the cave and around the floating rocks. You must have had a slower week.
__________________
Off 97, POR 97, FWC 98, OKW 99, WL 00, DL 01,
WL 02, AKL 02, WL 03, POLY 04,
WL 06, AKL 07, AKL 10, AKL 10, GF 11,
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
Laura D
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Not likely to lose them. There have been internet reports of some people getting to make fps a day early.
I hope not. It's still very glitchy in the app. On the list it will show FPs for only two people, but if I click it all five of us are there. Crazy.
Laura D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura D View Post
This morning, I was able to make all fast passes for our upcoming trip--at 61 days out. I was just playing around on MDE and it showed that I was able to schedule; I thought I had just miscounted the days. Then I went to do online checkin, and couldn't because I'm 61 days out.

Am I going to lose all the fast passes I so frantically made this morning?
Well that's odd you cannot check in because there isn't a time limit on that now. I can check in for my June trip if I wanted to already.

As for the FP+ for FOP, I've heard many reports of fast passes being released as time goes on so I am not sure it was even a glitch. A long line could be more of an indication of the ride being down earlier and those are trying to catch up with their FPs too.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software