home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
Amanda15
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Is it considered park hopping?

This might be a dumb question but I wanted to check just in case. We have regular base tickets, no park hopper, for our upcoming trip and we were planning on going to AK for the morning and afternoon then head to MK for MNSSHP that evening. Is this considered park hopping or is it different since MNSSHP is a "separate" ticket event?
I wanted to make sure so I know if I need to change our plans before we leave.
Thanks!
Amanda15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
mitchwebb
One Bedroom

If you bought tickets for MNSSHP it is a separate event and not attached to your other tickets.
New Years BWV 12/28-1/3 (might sneak a day to potter land)
mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Found this posted on the moms panel. Might help clarify it easier.

"When you think about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party...separate this ticket from the rest of your tickets when planning. This is an actual extra ticketed event. If you haven’t purchased a ticket for this event you cannot enter Magic Kingdom Park on party nights. The party is scheduled from 7:00 P.M. until midnight, however in the past guests have been allowed to enter the park as early as 4:00 P.M. to start enjoying this party. (Please note that early entry is not guaranteed so please check on the day of your scheduled party to make sure that you can enter early!) If you use your park ticket to enter Epcot in the morning/afternoon hours it will not impact your Halloween Party ticket in any way."
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
ktmo
Studio

You don't need a park hopper pass to that. You can use your base ticket to enter AK in the morning and your MNSSHP ticket to enter MK after 4pm.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #5
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

MNSSH and MVMC are both independent events. The event tickets get you into the park, and a park ticket is not required. Regular ticket media is unneeded and unused.

Vice versa, the event ticket does not allow you access outside of the event hours.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Separate event.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

To add - you can enter MK for the MNSSHP starting at 4pm. If you wanted to enter earlier than that then it would require you having a park hopper but as long as you're planning to enter at 4PM or later you'll be able to enter with the MNSSHP ticket which is a separate event and gets you in on it's own.

There are dedicated entry's for the party - they are usually the touch points to the right if you are looking at the entrance and there are signs above the entry. You will be given a wrist band upon entry to mark that you have a party ticket and can stay until midnight.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #8
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Does the ticket for MNSSHP go on your MagicBand or is it a separate paper ticket? If the latter, I would have to be very careful indeed not to carelessly use my MB to enter MK instead of the MNSSHP ticket.
MagicJourneys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #9
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
Does the ticket for MNSSHP go on your MagicBand or is it a separate paper ticket? If the latter, I would have to be very careful indeed not to carelessly use my MB to enter MK instead of the MNSSHP ticket.
If logged on to disneyworld.com when purchasing, it will most likely be linked to MDE (and subsequently your MagicBand).

The touch points at the specially marked entrance are set to only accept MNSSHP tickets.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
You can do either.

However since OP is going to another park on a non-hopper ticket if it attempted to draw off of a regular ticket they actually would just be denied entry.

For others who haven't entered a park that's why it's important to be in the party entrance.