home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
qwerty1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default looking for a xmas party ticket

Hi! I am looking for just one ticket for Mickey's very merry xmas party on Dec. 1st, which is sold out. Any suggestions for where I can get one?

Thank you!!
qwerty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Perhaps someone knows a secret I don't, but I can't think of a lot of options. I don't believe there are any second-party sellers for those tickets. The only thing I can imagine is that it might be feasible to find someone with an extra ticket, link your MDE accounts (or have them add a profile for you on theirs), and have them reassign that ticket to you. I'm not even 100% sure that's an option, and it's along shot, but it's all I can imagine

All in all, I don't think there are any clear paths for access to a sold out party.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
BayLakePierre
One Bedroom

Try e-bay. Sometimes people at last minute need to sell their tickets...

BayLakePierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #4
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Call the front desk. I once had tickets and my son got sick the night of. So my daughter and her bf went, but my husband, my mom and I stayed home. It was a sold out night, I called down to see if anyone had inquired and needed tickets. I was just going to give them since of the no refund policy at least it would have not been wasted. So you never know.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

I had this problem with DL for their event on Halloween night and called directly to guest services for party events and they sold me 2 tickets even tho it was Sold Out online reservations. Have you called direct?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
patty57
Two Bedroom

Undercover Tourist has tickets for the Christmas Party. I don't know about your specific night, but I bought one from UT for Dec. 7th.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
iheartglaciers
Studio

My cousin has successfully bought them on eBay in the past.
iheartglaciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #8
richviii
One Bedroom

Thread drift: Any idea why that night is so popular? Anything special going on?

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin Apr - BCV [b]2018 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #9
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Thread drift: Any idea why that night is so popular? Anything special going on?
Maybe something to do with the park closing early the day before, due to the CM event? Therefore people visiting at that time decided they might as well go to the party to make up for lost time perhaps....
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote