home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-31-2020, 02:50 PM   #21
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 12,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Everything I see says the parks and resorts are closed to further notice. Our WFH edict was just extended to April 30.
Not talking about any WFH orders, but what is on the online calendar. Look at the hours on the website. For example

Sunday*April 19, 2020*

Magic Kingdom
Park Hours
9:00 AM*to*9:00 PM

Epcot
Park Hours
9:00*AM to 9:00*PM

Etc.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ca...ay/2020-04-19/

I am sure it is for other reasons and will be extended. I did have a report of someone hired for May start date as a CM. That of course can be extended.
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #22
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
We are itching to go back and too worried about infection to try before September. Maybe not even then. This is not going particularly well, especially in Florida.
I know. We moved our March trip to Aug 15 for my daughterís birthday. If we didnít have banked points in that ressie, I would cancel it.

I am horrified when they say 12-18 months, but they may be right.

This flattening of the curve extends the length of the pandemic. The bottom line is that there is nothing that can be done except to shorten or lengthen the situation. Neither is a really good option.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:36 PM   #23
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

I am horrified when they say 12-18 months, but they may be right.

This flattening of the curve extends the length of the pandemic. The bottom line is that there is nothing that can be done except to shorten or lengthen the situation. Neither is a really good option.
The experts are saying that there will likely be surges along the way with another major flare up coming in the fall. So hoping there will be a vaccine sooner because if not there will be no risking it for us.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #24
WDWGoof
Grand Villa
 
WDWGoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
I had end of May at SSR and moved to HHI and then, recently, moved again to SSR end of June. Hoping it will be open by then.
My Sister and I rescheduled for end of June at SSR too. I'm thinking we may have to meet up for a "we made it to Disney" tasty beverage!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #25
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
My Sister and I rescheduled for end of June at SSR too. I'm thinking we may have to meet up for a "we made it to Disney" tasty beverage!
Or....you can be drinking beverages while interacting on Skype.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #26
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
The experts are saying that there will likely be surges along the way with another major flare up coming in the fall. So hoping there will be a vaccine sooner because if not there will be no risking it for us.
If there is a major flare up in the Fall, the summer might be better. I am hanging onto August for the time being.

They say a lot depends on whether it will behave like the flu, or not.

The Chinese seem to be anxious about a resurgence of the virus. They are being very cautious, even though warmer weather is coming. They opened theaters and then closed them again. Disney World is a venue where crowds are a given. I am worried about the opening, and if it will be safe with the mass of humanity from all over.

If we go in August, we may avoid the parks.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:45 PM   #27
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
If there is a major flare up in the Fall, the summer might be better. I am hanging onto August for the time being.

They say a lot depends on whether it will behave like the flu, or not.

The Chinese seem to be anxious about a resurgence of the virus. They are being very cautious, even though warmer weather is coming. They opened theaters and then closed them again. Disney World is a venue where crowds are a given. I am worried about the opening, and if it will be safe with the mass of humanity from all over.

If we go in August, we may avoid the parks.
Kind of in the same boat. I have 2 reservations in September as luck would have it, one in the early part of the month and one later in the month. I guess we will keep an eye on whatís happening by August and decide on canceling one or both. The early December one will also depend on the state of the virus. One thing is for sure, we will have a lot of points to bank this year, maybe all of 2020 points. The bummer is that I have 248 banked points that have to be used by Jan 31, 2020.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #28
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Kind of in the same boat. I have 2 reservations in September as luck would have it, one in the early part of the month and one later in the month. I guess we will keep an eye on whatís happening by August and decide on canceling one or both. The early December one will also depend on the state of the virus. One thing is for sure, we will have a lot of points to bank this year, maybe all of 2020 points. The bummer is that I have 248 banked points that have to be used by Jan 31, 2020.
We have 2 reservations in this use year. The August trip, and a Halloween reservation. The August trip is banked points. The October is good, bankable points.

My plan is if August is a no go that I will reallocate the banked points to the October reservation and bank the bankable points that are freed up. This decision will have to be made by late July because of the December UY banking deadline.

If October is also a no go, plan B involves possibly using the banked points in November at HHI. RCI is a last resort.

If we canít go for a really long time, like more than 6 months, because of the virus, I feel that Disney will have to provide some relief for those of us with banked points.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

If we canít go for a really long time, like more than 6 months, because of the virus, I feel that Disney will have to provide some relief for those of us with banked points.
Gosh I hope so. There are already a lot of really frustrated and angry people. Plus this is no oneís fault.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #30
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado
 
Lamima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 7,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
My Sister and I rescheduled for end of June at SSR too. I'm thinking we may have to meet up for a "we made it to Disney" tasty beverage!
Sure thing. We plan to spend a lot of time at DS. Maybe can meet at Jock Lindsay's or Wine Bar George.
__________________

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): June 20-27 SSR & Jan 5-9, 2021 BWV
Next cruise(s): Oct 31 Carnival Sunshine & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software