home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #11
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Nice way to celebrate a “return to Disney!”

I've not watched the news today and only worked on our trips.
Much better day today for this person.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Nice way to celebrate a “return to Disney!”
Yep! Mostly we've had a lot go on since last summer. I was running ragged already and was looking forward to time off. Instead our trip was canceled once Disney closed and we feared our gov. would make it hard to return home. And I've had everyone home all.day.long with nowhere to go due to bad weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
My FP days are the end of April.
I've been filling in my spreadsheets eating up time here with not much else to do. So cold out still here.

It doesn't have the same fell as it usually does knowing the parks are closed, but if they opened April 1st I'd go...in a heartbeat. I have a voucher and I'm not afraid to use it. Flights are $110 round trip. I only ever beat that in 08 with a $29 one way but $79 back.
Sounds like a good way to spend the day. Weather hasn't been great here either
Old 03-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #13
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

It was a nice distraction . Kinda weird too though, to be thinking about Disney strategies/FPs etc at this time, but very nice-gave me hope.

This was actually for our first 8 days, we still have 6 more to do, for the second half of the split stay. That's why little to no MK FPs the first week. Second week, in laws will be there too, so have to consider them, but since first half for us is BCV (first time there) , we are heavy on the HS and Epcot,

second half/first of June will be at CCV (also first time at WL area) so maybe more MK, but do have to work in at least one day at HS for inlaws.
Also hoping for pool time when at BCV, which is the reason we're staying there instead of BWV
and will change out one day for Typhoon Lagoon, and at least 1 Sea World day

All assuming things are back to relative normal. Who knows what that will be tho
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #14
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Congrats!!!

I am not expecting super big crowds at WDW when it reopens. I am expecting reduced hours, schedules and phased opening of the parks, restaurants, shows.

I am also expecting lots of changes because of the virus. No finger scans, no buffets, controlled walkways, etc.
I sure hope that's the case..but I don't know. I think a lot of folks will reschedule for that time...…hope not though!
ooh, I didn't think about buffets. we actually have 2 scheduled, and our first time at Cal Grill. We may have to think of alternatives for the buffets.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #15
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Yep! Mostly we've had a lot go on since last summer. I was running ragged already and was looking forward to time off. Instead our trip was canceled once Disney closed and we feared our gov. would make it hard to return home. And I've had everyone home all.day.long with nowhere to go due to bad weather.
Yeah. Weather here has been rotten too. Which means hubby has been at home, under my feet. Constantly. While I was working on school application and nurse advancement silliness for work. We need sunshine!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post

I've not watched the news today and only worked on our trips.
Much better day today for this person.
If I could have the house all to myself for an entire day, I would be a much better person!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #17
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I sure hope that's the case..but I don't know. I think a lot of folks will reschedule for that time...…hope not though!
ooh, I didn't think about buffets. we actually have 2 scheduled, and our first time at Cal Grill. We may have to think of alternatives for the buffets.
I think the buffets like Whispering Canyon and Ohana will be ok as they bring trays to your table. Others, if they open may have a CM serve from the each station. Will be interesting. Always exciting to plan a trip home!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #18
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
If I could have the house all to myself for an entire day, I would be a much better person!
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:11 PM   #19
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I'm generally a pessimistic cynic, but as of now, we're going ahead with our May trip planning. FP day is today!!! I was tasked with getting up at 6AM CST and getting the FPs for the week. DH has done this every other trip.....New found respect for him for all he's done these many years..
took awhile, but I think we got what we wanted. have 3 days at HS, but Rise/Resistance is such a wildcard. no idea when or IF we'll get boarding groups, etc. HS was the only park that was difficult to get the tier 1 FPs in the AM., but did get SR 1 day, MMRR 1 day, Slinky 1 day. Lots of FoP options, all through the day, and from what I could tell, any day I was looking for. got 2 days there.
1 1/2 days at Epcot, hope to get at least 1 more ride on Spaceship Earth before it's closed, unless they close it early
If Disney is closed longer in April, we are totally expecting our trips in May/June to be insanely busy, as people reschedule for later, so we are going to approach everything will be EXTRA crowded.

Nicely done!
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote