home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Anyone looking to buy now.

I'm guessing prices are going to call on used DVD contracts and wondering if anyone is looking to buy. I want an Aulani but I will not pay more then $80
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado

If we can get one of the undesirable (to us) properties like SSR or OKW cheap I might look into it for later in life.

Cheers.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:42 PM   #3
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
If we can get one of the undesirable (to us) properties like SSR or OKW cheap I might look into it for later in life.

Cheers.
No way dude. I'll see you at the bar at whatever BCV is after 2042!
flypwm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
No way dude. I'll see you at the bar at whatever BCV is after 2042!
Oh, we only want to stay at BWV and BCV. My thought is that, after retirement, we may be able to sneak into these with less-valuable points for mid-week less popular times since we can travel at any time then. I know 7-month is getting harder, but I hear of plenty of people still getting it.

However, we'll be 82 in 2042. We may be done with Disney...maybe not

Cheers.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #5
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Oh, we only want to stay at BWV and BCV. My thought is that, after retirement, we may be able to sneak into these with less-valuable points for mid-week less popular times since we can travel at any time then. I know 7-month is getting harder, but I hear of plenty of people still getting it.

However, we'll be 82 in 2042. We may be done with Disney...maybe not

Cheers.
brp-
We will be 82 & 83 in 2042, and didn't buy DVC until 2010. Added on twice (counting 1 resale that just passed ROFR). We blew through a lot of points this January for a 3BR-GV for the whole family, but long term plans are to maximize DVC points for snow-birding in retirement. I'm holding on to that plan, and wishing away the COVID-19 as fast as it came.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
brp-
We will be 82 & 83 in 2042, and didn't buy DVC until 2010. Added on twice (counting 1 resale that just passed ROFR). We blew through a lot of points this January for a 3BR-GV for the whole family, but long term plans are to maximize DVC points for snow-birding in retirement. I'm holding on to that plan, and wishing away the COVID-19 as fast as it came.
For us, the only reason to be at Disney is park. If we're not going to parks there are so many places in the world we'd rather be. Not sure we'll want to do parks much at 82, but I could be wrong.

Also, living in California, while it does get somewhat cold in winter, we still don't need a snow bird location.

Actually far more likely to buy something in New Orleans for a place to spend more time in retirement.

Cheers.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

I was thinking about getting BCV, but the thing holding us back is that in 2042, we will "only" be 58 and 59. It seems like we will want to do more Disney after that age and so we've been looking ago 2060+ resorts as a potential add on.

What do you think? We should be considering past our 58,59 ages when considering expiration date so that probably rules out 2042 resorts?
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
I was thinking about getting BCV, but the thing holding us back is that in 2042, we will "only" be 58 and 59. It seems like we will want to do more Disney after that age and so we've been looking ago 2060+ resorts as a potential add on.

What do you think? We should be considering past our 58,59 ages when considering expiration date so that probably rules out 2042 resorts?
Interests change so much over time. Itís really hard to say what you might want in 2042. What you (probably) donít want to do is look back when your little one is a teenager and say, wish we had bought X resort when we couldíve really enjoyed it. Buy what you want for now. Then if things change in a few years, adjust your portfolio. The main thing is to enjoy it. Just my 0.02...
Old 03-30-2020, 03:30 AM   #9
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:

We bought RR. It is pricey as sin, but we fell in love with the place.

Unless you love a 2042 resort, I wouldnít buy there. BLT has the second bathroom. That is a tremendous plus.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #10
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Suggestion for you.

Buy somewhere else you like that has the longer date. Then work with a BCV owner to "trade" stays. OR, rent points both ways to stay at BCV.

I so wish they would just extend BCV or BWV. I own at both. I would love for them to last at least as long as SSR.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote