home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
ssmith
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachertorte View Post
Hi.
I'm new to the board, and I'm not an owner yet. Last month I was talking to Disney about DVC (thinking about buying) and I asked about what happens at the end of the contract. We were talking about Animal Kingdom Villas which end on 31 January 2057. I was (am) interested in a September Use Year, so I asked what happens in September 2056. The guy was surprised at the question and had to ask someone else. He said no one had ever asked him that before (I wasn't entirely trusting of that line, but it seems that many have not thought about the end effects. I guess I'm weird. That was the FIRST thing I thought about.) Anyway, the answer I got, which may or may not be true, is that in September 2056 I would get my points for that year. If I count these things right that would be for the year 2056 and would have to use them by 31 January 2057. (There are no 2057 Points! So while Disney is correct in stating that the membership ends in 2057, you don't actually get points for 2057, only up to 2056).

I was a bit concerned about having so little time to use the points. He reminded me that I could borrow those points and use them in early 2056 or late 2055. I suppose that's true, but Everyone will be in the same boat! I wonder what will happen in 2041?

Anyway, this website has been very helpful to me in considering DVC (shopping for a resale now) so I thought I'd sign up and post what I know.
Imagine if you have a december use year? You'll have 60 days to your last allotment of points.

I think disney assumes that everyone will be borrowing future pts and few if any will have points the last year.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
markandtodd
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Imagine if you have a december use year? You'll have 60 days to your last allotment of points.

I think disney assumes that everyone will be borrowing future pts and few if any will have points the last year.
Works out well for us since we love to travel in January. We can still book our final trip as early as February, 2056.

markandtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Any specific reason why BCV MF has increased over 5% the past 2 years. Certainly increases not in line with BWV...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

Smile

Great post Mike. We got a OKW that expires in 2057 along with a VWL and another OKW that expire in 2042. But I think my expiration date will preceed them all. I'll let my kids decide what to do them.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby part time, 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachertorte View Post
Hi.
I'm new to the board, and I'm not an owner yet. Last month I was talking to Disney about DVC (thinking about buying) and I asked about what happens at the end of the contract. We were talking about Animal Kingdom Villas which end on 31 January 2057. I was (am) interested in a September Use Year, so I asked what happens in September 2056. The guy was surprised at the question and had to ask someone else. He said no one had ever asked him that before (I wasn't entirely trusting of that line, but it seems that many have not thought about the end effects. I guess I'm weird. That was the FIRST thing I thought about.) Anyway, the answer I got, which may or may not be true, is that in September 2056 I would get my points for that year. If I count these things right that would be for the year 2056 and would have to use them by 31 January 2057. (There are no 2057 Points! So while Disney is correct in stating that the membership ends in 2057, you don't actually get points for 2057, only up to 2056).

I was a bit concerned about having so little time to use the points. He reminded me that I could borrow those points and use them in early 2056 or late 2055. I suppose that's true, but Everyone will be in the same boat! I wonder what will happen in 2041?

Anyway, this website has been very helpful to me in considering DVC (shopping for a resale now) so I thought I'd sign up and post what I know.
Welcome aboard. Interesting information, thanks for posting.
-Brian
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #16
Michigan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I am surprised so many people are wondering how using their points will work a the end of the contract. When I bought into my BLT points I always assumed that by the end of my contract I would be either dead and buried, to senile to care, or relaxing at my retirement house on the beach and letting my kids worry about what to do with the contract.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #17
Amadeus
Grand Villa

Default at the age 91 (BLT DEC UY)

I am sure our children will be taking thier children to WDW using our points. hahah

Even though I plan live past 100 in good health
and the Jesus has not come back by then.

My only thought (not really thinking about it to long) is the only possible problem will DVC member will be over booking the rooms with the extra points borrowed from the last UY. Guess we will see in '42. Short 31 years away.
DEC 2010 AKV & BLT
SEP/OCT 2011 BLT
DEC 2011 SSR & BC (solo)
June 2012 AKV Jambo
June 2013 OKW
June 2014 AKV (1B) & OKW (ST)

Next trip HOME!
Sept/OCT 2015 SSR

MOD#109

DHDWDDDS DD

Amadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
I am sure our children will be taking thier children to WDW using our points. hahah

Even though I plan live past 100 in good health
and the Jesus has not come back by then.

My only thought (not really thinking about it to long) is the only possible problem will DVC member will be over booking the rooms with the extra points borrowed from the last UY. Guess we will see in '42. Short 31 years away.
Good point, guess we'll have to wait and see, haha. Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.
-Brian
Old 11-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
DVC Data

Post #1 in this thread has been updated.
  • 2011 Annual Dues
  • History of Annual Dues
  • History of Annual Percentage Increase
DVC Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #20
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks as always, Mike.