home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
Goofy85
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Selling DVC Membership

Hello there. We are selling our DVC membership and are open to hearing about anyone else who has sold through DVC. Perhaps there are some DVC members out there that sold and still own that can lend some recommendations?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Olaf2018

I would recommend selling through the website sponsor ResalesDVC.com, I have bought a contract through them a few years ago and they were very good.

I wouldn't try to sell your membership back to DVC because you will probably get a lot less than what one of the brokers can sell it for.

There are a few other big resale websites out there as well that are also easily searchable online.
Olaf2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
bubster
Grand Villa

It's my understanding that Disney will not buy your membership back from you. They only get them back through foreclosure and ROFR.

I agree with selling through the board sponsor. Best of luck.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
K&P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
It's my understanding that Disney will not buy your membership back from you. They only get them back through foreclosure and ROFR.

I agree with selling through the board sponsor. Best of luck.
K&P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i've dealt with a lot of them through the years. board sponsor is my recommendation too.

i have found that you may get results on a languishing listing by changing brokers, pulling contract off the market awhile, redistributing points on contract for sale, etc. don't listen to anyone who says you must reduce your price to sell. that is the last thing i would try, and having sold five contracts in the last six months, i never had reduce my price and several times got more for the contract than i initially asked.

like everything else related to dvc, selling is work if you want to maximize your return.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

I agree with comments on this post. Kinn and Jaki and team have sold me every one of my contracts. They are professional, knowledgeable, and fair and I feel have represented both myself as the buyer, and the sellers in a very balanced and fair way.

Best of luck.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

I have both bought and sold through Jaki & Kinn (ResalesDVC) and had very positive experiences both times. Would not hesitate to use them again. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I have sold 4 contracts and none through the sponsor. (SORRY, but I have gone with another agency who was giving a deal on the commission!)

Shop around and see who will give you a good commission. Personally I think 10% is a little high for DVC so the last two were with an agency that was offering 8% (and the service was great)

I also sold one with the TimeShare Store (The "other board" sponsor) I don't think I would go with them again just because communication was non-existent! I had to constantly check in, because they gave me no information!

Pricing is key. Spend some time looking at the various offerings and seeing what they are going for. I listed my 100 point BCV at what I thought was a ridiculously high rate and it sold almost immediately. But my SSR was listed for lower (and it sold within a week) Of course if you have the large point contracts I expect it takes longer to find a buyer.
CarolA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking larger point contract

What do you think is considered now-a-days as a larger point contract?

Anything over 160 points? (I think that used to be the minimum...?)

Just curious... then we had the 25 pointers x 4 times etc. folks did.

Just wondering what is considered a large contract, and balancing that against the large amount of points that some of the newer DVC resorts use.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
What do you think is considered now-a-days as a larger point contract?

Anything over 160 points? (I think that used to be the minimum...?)

Just curious... then we had the 25 pointers x 4 times etc. folks did.

Just wondering what is considered a large contract, and balancing that against the large amount of points that some of the newer DVC resorts use.

Goldi
To me it's 250-300 points to be considered a large contract. Or used to be. But now it gets my attention if it's going to be more then $30K in a single contract which these days for direct and some resale is pushing it below 200 points.