home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #21
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I purchased direct twice and just recently purchased resale and wished I had just gone direct cause of the pain in the b*tt documents, etc...
I agree that resale is more stressful. I would've loved to purchase BCV directly, but my sales rep said they are no longer selling BCV direct. We almost bought CCV direct but our hearts were set on BCV. I guess I'll know more on Friday...

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #22
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Next time Can you wait until you know they have signed and returned documents before you actually send money? or just offer small deposit to show guarantee of intent to fulfill?

I wonder how long it will take to get that money back now so you can enter a new contract with different family and hope they are not slow too.

Sorry I am adding to your stress for this. I purchased direct twice and just recently purchased resale and wished I had just gone direct cause of the pain in the b*tt documents, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsheffi View Post
I agree that resale is more stressful. I would've loved to purchase BCV directly, but my sales rep said they are no longer selling BCV direct. We almost bought CCV direct but our hearts were set on BCV. I guess I'll know more on Friday...
Like MCC1, my re-sale experience was way more stressful and I wished I had waited for the direct purchase to become available. It was not that anything, in particular, went wrong or was delayed unusually but it was not nearly as painless as my initial purchase- pick up the phone, points in a new account, reservation made, check mailed- 48 hours. Made offer re-sale in December- didn't receive points until March- spent 3 months watching the rooms I wanted to disappear from the RAT, the day contract hit my account there 1 last GV available but points were not loaded yet. Eventually stalked the RAT until we got what we needed. The resale process is SLOW and for me that is stressful.

Honestly, they will sell BCV but you may have to waitlist. My waitlist came through while we were in the estoppel stage for the resale contract. To be honest I wish I had taken the penalty and canceled the re-sale and went through with the direct. It would have saved me at least 3 months of stressing trying to piece together the reservation I wanted.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #23
pdude81
Grand Villa

Giving them until Friday is fair if they have proposed a date and aren't acting like they don't want to sell. However, you don't have to feel bad for the people you're paying thousands of dollars to. Sign the paper, lady!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #24
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Honestly, they will sell BCV but you may have to waitlist.
Others may be hearing something different, but my DVC sales rep just a few weeks ago told me they weren't selling BCV and they wouldn't even waitlist it. My husband even called him back after I talked to the DVC sales rep to confirm that we couldn't waitlist to purchase BCV. He said the resale price has gotten so high that it didn't make financial sense for DVC to purchase contracts and re-sell them.

Again...others may hear something different from their DVC rep. If so, I'd love to know about that. I'll call their rep instead of mine!

Old 06-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #25
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Giving them until Friday is fair if they have proposed a date and aren't acting like they don't want to sell. However, you don't have to feel bad for the people you're paying thousands of dollars to. Sign the paper, lady!
Thanks! I don't mean to sound like a harda$$, but a business transaction is a business transaction. Feelings and sympathy shouldn't really play into it. We turned the paperwork around in 24 hours. 2 1/2 weeks for her to just sign the contract sounds like a more than reasonable amount of time.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #26
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Others may be hearing something different, but my DVC sales rep just a few weeks ago told me they weren't selling BCV and they wouldn't even waitlist it. My husband even called him back after I talked to the DVC sales rep to confirm that we couldn't waitlist to purchase BCV. He said the resale price has gotten so high that it didn't make financial sense for DVC to purchase contracts and re-sell them.

Again...others may hear something different from their DVC rep. If so, I'd love to know about that. I'll call their rep instead of mine!
I personally haven't looked since the price increase this year, but considering that when they did up the direct pricing BCV nearly tripled the increase of some of the other wdw resorts. Most went up in price between $6 (3-4%) yet BCV went up (12%) $20 direct pricing so I am not sure that it doesn't make financial sense applies that increase should cover the resale pricing difference - I could be wrong though as I am definitely not a finance whiz nor do I have any idea how Disney applies the ROFR logic.

hoping contract goes through in a timely fashion.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #27
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
They do still sell BCV directly. But you have to wait for them to get some inventory in from foreclosures or ROFR.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #28
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
They do still sell BCV directly. But you have to wait for them to get some inventory in from foreclosures or ROFR.
This isn't what my DVC rep told me. He said they are no longer even doing waitlists for BCV. See my post above.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #29
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

I got on the waitlist for a very small BCV add-on about 6 weeks ago and confirmed just yesterday that we are still in the same position on the WL, meaning they had not sold any of our UY points in the last 6 weeks.

But I have noticed in the past month or so, they BCV resale listing prices have come down a little and I am still watching the resale market.

So it's a waiting game for both direct and resale.

ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #30
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
This isn't what my DVC rep told me. He said they are no longer even doing waitlists for BCV. See my post above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
I got on the waitlist for a very small BCV add-on about 6 weeks ago and confirmed just yesterday that we are still in the same position on the WL, meaning they had not sold any of our UY points in the last 6 weeks.

But I have noticed in the past month or so, they BCV resale listing prices have come down a little and I am still watching the resale market.

So it's a waiting game for both direct and resale.
This is when the guides start to appear like timeshare sales people...some either won’t or don’t know that waitlist for “sold out” properties exist.